Need a Stuffed pepper presentation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikecox

Assistant Cook
I am trying to create an elegant presentation for a, very special, Stuffed Pepper entree.

So far I am thinking about an "open faced presentation; with sour cream and herb garnish". But I need a second vegetable that would dress up the plate enough to impress my guests and compliment the stuffed pepper?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you talking about bell peppers or like a chili rellano?

Some sort of grain would go well with it. Curried couscous salad or a rice pilaf with vegetables mixed in, such as mushrooms, green peas, scallions, etc., plus sliced almonds or another type of nut.

Last edited:
Some sort of grain would go well with it. Curried couscous salad or a rice pilaf with vegetables mixed in, such as mushrooms, green peas, scallions, etc., plus sliced almonds or another type of nut.
I worry that there will be too many grains; since the stuffing features lentils.

Are the lentils cooked before you use them??
Yes. I had bell peppers from Costco and had blanched them because I didn't want them to go bad; but I had to use them! I also had a batch of lentils I'd made a week earlier and, again, I had to use them! So I concocted this recipe that turned out so well that I decided to invite some friends over to share them.

Two recipes come to mind, Fire and Ice relish or Sweet Hot Corn Relish.

Both recipes came from a wonderful home cook named Marion Cunningham.

Recipe: Fire and ice relish | StarTribune.com

Chef Tess Bakeresse: Sweet and Hot Corn Relish

mrs.c! really!

are the fonz, potsy, and ralph on board with this? ;)

i like the patty pan squash idea (roasted or steamed) around the outside, set in a bed of shredded/savory dressed lightly steamed kale, rainbow swiss chard, and frsh frissee salad for contrast.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC, Mike.

Couscous sounds good to me, as well. You could roast and stuff tomatoes w/ the couscous mixture.

Another idea for a side is orzo salad. Cook and drain your orzo, and you can add just about anything you like. i.e.: halved grape or cherry tomatoes in assorted colors, diced red onion, chopped marinated artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, cheese (optional) fresh herbs & vinaigrette dressing.

For a starter, how about avocado & tomato bruschetta.

http://www.marthastewart.com/316535/tomato-avocado-toasts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom