Need dinner inspiration Wed., Oct. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, pacanis but are you trying to make me a widow LOL!!!! That sounds wonderful to me but I don't think there are enough soy products to duplicate it for DH!!!!

That mac and cheese is definitely not for the feint of heart :pig:

We're having sour cream chicken enchiladas and Zatarain's yellow rice. I made it up earlier today, so easy peasy.

Barb

Grilled teriyaki chicken, grilled bread brushed with souvlaki marinade & a salad with romaine, blanched snow peas, edamame, carrots, cucumbers & toasted almonds with a ginger dressing.

Salad, Buddy?! :ohmy:

I'm pluggin' away here.
I got some chili going from the brisket I smoked the other day(an after thought).
Just dropped the ribs into the PC with a couple spuds.
The broccoli is on the ready for a little flame when the time is right.

dum-dee-dum,dum.....

Attachments

• chili3.jpg
    chili3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 181
  • ribs in PC.jpg
    ribs in PC.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 178
Salad, Buddy?! :ohmy:

I'm pluggin' away here.
I got some chili going from the brisket I smoked the other day(an after thought).
Just dropped the ribs into the PC with a couple spuds.
The broccoli is on the ready for a little flame when the time is right.

dum-dee-dum,dum.....

Did I mention I was too tired cause I will be driving all night to steal your chili and ribs???
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Did I mention I was too tired cause I will be driving all night to steal your chili and ribs???
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

ahhh, there ain't no need to steal.... I'll set a cooler for you on the back porch. Just don't wake me up when you circle through ;)
Or the dogs :ohmy:

Okay, plans change, again. DH finished early and decided he would rather eat with me instead of at work. So, I am quickly defrosting some Italian Sausages and will make pan fried potatoes and peas. I was almost looking forward to my taquitos.....almost!

Oh... I'm pretty sure they'll wake up :ohmy:

Laurie, are the potatoes and peas one dish? Do you cook them both together? I'm getting ideas here... :)

Sorry, pacanis, I just saw this. No, I steam the frozen peas with a little butter and lemon in the water.

For the potatoes I slice them very thin, and then shallow fry them in a large fry pan with some oil (not too much). Just keep throwing the potatoes down to cover the bottom of the pan and a second layer, I go up to three. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over and then start turning them. They will stick together in small clumps which is what you want. Brown the other side, keep turning till they are cooked and nicely browned. The inside will be soft and the outside crispy.

This is from my childhood, but also is a variation of a dish we made at school called pommes Anna. With that one you do them in a small pan and try to keep the whole thing together when you flip it. This would be one serving.

Thanks. I thought it was a dish combining both of them.
And getting my potatoes to stick to one another has never been a problem (lol), I have a hard time getting them all separated.

Back
Top Bottom