Need help with a recipe, doesn't look right somehow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Bob: I checked our grocery store shelves for syrup. I really did not expect to find Steen's Cane syrup. What we have in the midwest is Maple Syrup. You can buy a pure maple syrup which comes in a can and is very expensive. Of course you can buy any other brand which is a maple imitation or a maple blend for a few dollars. We also have Karo pancake & waffle syrup and of course Karo's white corn syrup for cooking and baking.
Steen's Pure Cane Syrup : They have a pecan pie recipe which is totally good. And the syrup comes in a can for about $5.

Bourbon Pecan Pie : Karo, my, this looks good too! There are twice as many pecans in this pie!

StirBlue said:
Uncle Bob: I checked our grocery store shelves for syrup. I really did not expect to find Steen's Cane syrup. What we have in the midwest is Maple Syrup. You can buy a pure maple syrup which comes in a can and is very expensive. Of course you can buy any other brand which is a maple imitation or a maple blend for a few dollars. We also have Karo pancake & waffle syrup and of course Karo's white corn syrup for cooking and baking.
Steen's Pure Cane Syrup : They have a pecan pie recipe which is totally good. And the syrup comes in a can for about $5.

Bourbon Pecan Pie : Karo, my, this looks good too! There are twice as many pecans in this pie!

Miss StirBlue...

Steens would be hard to find outside of the South I would think! Obviously in Louisiana and Southern Mississippi it is easy to find. Even in North Mississippi it can be a challenge as they prefer sorghum syrup. Maybe east Texas has it I dunno...You may check specialty food stores etc. We have made pies using Steens mixed with dark Karo...Very good! Bourbon pecan pie is good, but I prefer pecan pie and my bourbon in a glass!!:LOL: Maple Syrup from Vermont is on my grocers sheflf as well!

Back
Top Bottom