Need Menu Suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrissyMc

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!
I am new to this site, so if I am posting on the wrong forum, please direct me elsewhere!
I work as a cook in a private residence. My 'new family' is so easy going that they rarely request a particular dish. They let me choose the menu. I am so lucky! Once in a while, my brain freezes and I can't think up anything interesting. Or maybe I can, but I just can't decide what to choose. Which brings me to tonights meal. I am making fish...most likely a stuffed flounder. The stuffing won't have a bread base, but more likely a crab or vegetable base. My question is...what to serve as a side? I am starting with a seafood gazpacho (shrimp), and roasted asparagus. So, what's the side? I think I've been making too many pilafs lately. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Chrissy

Hello everyone!
I am new to this site, so if I am posting on the wrong forum, please direct me elsewhere!
I work as a cook in a private residence. My 'new family' is so easy going that they rarely request a particular dish. They let me choose the menu. I am so lucky! Once in a while, my brain freezes and I can't think up anything interesting. Or maybe I can, but I just can't decide what to choose. Which brings me to tonights meal. I am making fish...most likely a stuffed flounder. The stuffing won't have a bread base, but more likely a crab or vegetable base. My question is...what to serve as a side? I am starting with a seafood gazpacho (shrimp), and roasted asparagus. So, what's the side? I think I've been making too many pilafs lately. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Chrissy

Hi Chrissy -

Since this relates to your job, I was thinking that instead if giving individual suggestions, that you might be better served by using some information from the following sites:

Daily Meal Planner For Creating Healthy Eating Plans
Find Healthy Menu Planning | Healthy Recipes & Healthy Dinner Recipes | Taste of Home
Menu Planning: Save Time In The Kitchen | Organized Home
Weekly Menu Planner - Houseworks Planner | Organized Home
Free weekly planner | Menu planner | Homeschooling planner | TheHomeSchoolMom.com
Thrifty Thursday: Use a Menu Planner to Save on Groceries
Welcome to uExpress featuring 7-Day Menu Planner -- The Best Advice and Opinions The Universe!
Free Printable Menu Planner - Get Organized and Save Money!

Good luck!

Bob

Sometimes I love the simplicity of steamed baby red potatoes (the REALLY small ones). Toss with some butter, garlic, and fresh parsley/other herb or a bit of olive oil, garlic, and herb of your choice...rosemary would be good too.

Israeli couscous makes a nice side too. Cook in chicken or beef broth, whatever suits your meal, saute some onions, garlic, and toss together.

I second the new potatoes idea.

When I was a little girl, we used to go to a restaurant that had the best new potatoes...I guess they were steamed first, but then they were evidently browned in butter over high heat, as they were brown and crispy on a couple of sides.

All of these seem to be great possibilites for you (potatoes, couscous etc). How about a warm tuxedo orzo dish?

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I liked the new potatoes suggestion, but I couldnt find any small ones at the store. I thought couscous was a great idea too, except i made that on Tuesday! I went with the angelhair pasta...it went over great. Thanks for the help!
Chrissy

How about Cheese Grits casserole or Grits and Greens. Always lovely with fish. Also with asparagus being in season up there try wrapping your filets around some blanched asparagus tips and red pepper strips and bake serve with hollandaise. A little wild rice with lemon is a nice side.
C

Thanks for your idea, but...I hate grits. I totally don't get it, lol.I had them once years ago, and never been brave enough to try them again. I'm from the northeastern part of the US...Philadelphia. We aren't known for our grits-making talent! If you have a recipe you'd like to share I'm willing to give it another try lol Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom