New plated dessert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
hey everybody I made a platted dessert and I know kitchenelf has seen the rough version but here is the final version of it and I wanted to see what you guys think.

l_7608e03cfbfe5d1d4a7b68b198ae6773.jpg

l_951535a19c8040cff96f05c06d6fcaec.jpg

l_4092a4a9cc9c2ee5b081d4988b073449.jpg

Looks good. Not sure what the actual dessert is, maybe a brownie? Details!

Its a individual chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse, drizziled in white chocolate and garnished with a mint sprig on top and assorted fruits on the side.

Very nice idea to fill the cake with white chocolate mousse and the drizzle of white chocolate as well. I love the fruits too, kiwi and strawberries.

Very nice Tsi,
I wouldn't hesitate to order it..pretty to look at and I'll bet it's delicious..
kadesma:)

Nice concept and I'm happy that you're showing interest in creativity in the culinary field. Just a few suggestions:

1. Instead of a white chocolate drizzle, use the fruit and make a coulis instead. The white chocolate looks like it hardened onto the plate and cannot be used as a functional sauce.

2. If you'd rather not use a coulis, then make a creme anglaise or ganache. If you make a ganache, then you can use a paint brush to create a cleaner and more visually appealing look.

3. Maybe change the color of the plate so that the sauce can stand out more.

4. Spread out the raspberries instead of bunching them to one side.

tsi88kid said:
yea I really love the color that kiwi brings to a plate especially on such a straight white colored dish.
It looks beautiful, and sounds as if it would taste at least as good as it looks!

Be careful with kiwi, tho.... it's a fruit that quite a number of people are allergic to. I know for me, that if there is kiwi on the plate, or any chance that it might have touched the food in question, I can't get close to it. Even a teensy amount of Kiwi will close my throat.... :ohmy: and I'm finding more amd more folks with that problem. It's a bummer, I know!

thanks for the suggestions iron chef and yea yur right that chocolate did harden after being in the fridge for a day but it looked a lot better when i first stripped it. I was actually thinking about doing a ganache but i didnt think i was gonna be leaving it over night.

I will take it...for dessert. Tell us more about it? Kiwi,strawberries,rasberries.
and.........???

tsi88kid said:
Its a individual chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse, drizziled in white chocolate and garnished with a mint sprig on top and assorted fruits on the side.

i already said what it was:)

Back
Top Bottom