New recipe ideas - comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi i am trying to think of my own recipes and i was wondering if you could give me some feed back.

First for an appetiser

Scallops cooking chilli oil wrapped in a bed of lettuce with bacon and chilli sauce.

For main course , Chicken cooked with garlic , ginger , spring onion , chilli , lemon juice, lime juice , lemon grass and lemon basil with rice and pak choi

Last edited:
Hi i am trying to think of my own recipes and i was wondering if you could give me some feed back.

First for an appetiser

Scallops cooking chilli oil wrapped in a bed of lettuce with bacon and chilli sauce.

For main course , Chicken cooked with garlic , ginger , spring onion , chilli , lemon juice, lime juice , lemon grass and lemon basil with rice and pak choi

I think the flavors will overwhelm the delicate flavor of the scallops.
If you want the same flavors I would do it this way... Pan sear the scallops in butter and garlic. Fine dice the bacon fry, pat dry add it to a pan and add just enough chili sauce to lightly coat the bacon.
Serve that over the scallops and top with a few chili threads all on top of the lettuce. You will have all your flavors without killing the scallops.

The chicken sounds good...

I kind of agree with Jeff, except I would have omitted the chilli sauce and just used a hint of chilli in the cooking oil with the garlic. Also rather than on a bed of shredded lettuce, try nestling the scallop in a mini lettuce cup sitting on a bed of bacon and pine nuts, with just the pan juices.

The chicken sounds good but too much lemon/citrus for my tastebuds but I'm not a huge fan of prominent warm citrus flavours in savoury dishes. Also if you added some grated palm sugar or similar, you just about have Thai style cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom