New to cooking need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joecoz

Assistant Cook
Hi I am new cooker and need to make a nice baked chicken an rice dish for tonight.I dont want to use soup from acan would like to make my own broth to cook rice and chciken in.I have boneless breast of chicken,
can someone help me out imnew cooker. thanks

Use a good canned soup, as your recipe no doubt says. Making a good broth takes more than a minute and those little square things are definitely out!

I love chicken baked on a mixture of rice, water, cream of mushroom soup, finely chopped onions carrots and celery, seasoned with salt and pepper, then baked at 350°F covered with foil until the rice is plump and the chicken is done. (I usually use skin on, whole cut up chicken and uncover it at the end to let the skin brown.)

You can make broth, roast chicken carrots celery and onions S&P until nicely brown, take chicken off the bone (save for some other use), put everything in a pan on the stove w/water, deglaze the roasting pan and put that in the broth as well. Cook for a nice long time, strain out bones, skin, veggies and you have broth. The longer you cook it down, the stronger your broth will be, and don't forget to season it to your taste.
Vegetable broth is the same, just omit the chicken. Let us know how it goes! ~Bliss

Hi I am new cooker and need to make a nice baked chicken an rice dish for tonight.I dont want to use soup from acan would like to make my own broth to cook rice and chciken in.I have boneless breast of chicken,
can someone help me out imnew cooker. thanks
Hi, I know you were making it that night, did you ever make your chicken and broth and if so how'd it turn out?

Cooks Illustrated has a fabulous Chicken and Rice recipe. It's in their Make Ahead cookbook, Cover and Bake, and I suppose many other cookbooks of theirs. I'm not sure I can post it (for copyright reasons). I'm sure I can find it on the web. If so is it O.K. to provide a link?

Cooks Illustrated has a fabulous Chicken and Rice recipe. It's in their Make Ahead cookbook, Cover and Bake, and I suppose many other cookbooks of theirs. I'm not sure I can post it (for copyright reasons). I'm sure I can find it on the web. If so is it O.K. to provide a link?
A link would be fine..
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom