"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Thanks so much Dawg....it makes me more hopeful.
It is surgery Kayelle, there will be some swelling and irritation. It's only natural. I have great faith in your eye surgeon.

Personally, I am anxious for my cataracts to ripen so I can have the surgery. I'll be ditching the glasses.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #32
Master Chef

Every year since about 1987, we've joined together with some friends on the Canadian side of the river and made the following, egg rolls with pineapple sweet and sour sauce, Scallops saute'd in garlic and butter, tempura chicken, and shrimp scampi, with a side of home made chicken liver pate'. One year we would make this at their house, the next year, at our house. This year, as our friends are about ten years our elders, they weren't up to making the big meal, especially since we are both empty nesters. They had planned on going out to dinner. Two things prevented us from joining them, first, I am on call this week, and 2nd, I've got the flu that's been running rampant in our town. We had Dominoes pizza for our New Years dinner, with a diet coke for me, and a Sprite for DW. I slept from about midnight last night, until 5 pm. today. I feel somewhat better, but not out of the woods yet.

To say it more succinctly, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I
have to go to work tomorrow . I just hope I'm feeling stronger tomorrow. Supper tonight was lef-over pizza from last night.

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #33
Cupcake

We had friends here and everyone combined cooking skills to make three kinds of fondue!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:21 AM   #34
Master Chef

Kayelle, hope your surgery results end up all you hoped for.

Chief, I hope you're done with the flu by the time I type this.

We rolled into our garage around 3:00 AM New Year's Eve, fresh from a week-plus back home with our kids. A week in OH was my best Christmas gift. Like Andy, we had a veritable banquet of munchies. Ring bologna, smokies, three types of cheeses from OH, olives and pickles. Crab-stuffed mushrooms and shrimp Shu-Mai. Balanced all of that with a crudites platter and hummus. Red and white wines. Brownie bites for dessert. Forgot about the shrimp until I was putting away the leftovers, so we went ahead and ate them late. Threw together some homemade cocktail sauce that was really good. Now if I could just think of how I made it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-31 23.11.24.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	22447  
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

DH smoked our first chicken with the smoker I got him for Christmas and it turned out beautifully. We used applewood chips. We also had dressing and sautéed green beans with it.

I was lying down when he finished it and he didn't take any pictures! Oh well, next time.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Whoops, that was supposed to be last night's dinner, not NYE. Can't remember what we had. Wasn't feeling well.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Kayelle, hope your surgery results end up all you hoped for.

Chief, I hope you're done with the flu by the time I type this.

We rolled into our garage around 3:00 AM New Year's Eve, fresh from a week-plus back home with our kids. A week in OH was my best Christmas gift. Like Andy, we had a veritable banquet of munchies. Ring bologna, smokies, three types of cheeses from OH, olives and pickles. Crab-stuffed mushrooms and shrimp Shu-Mai. Balanced all of that with a crudites platter and hummus. Red and white wines. Brownie bites for dessert. Forgot about the shrimp until I was putting away the leftovers, so we went ahead and ate them late. Threw together some homemade cocktail sauce that was really good. Now if I could just think of how I made it...
Nope, not over the flu quite yet. I am happy that you were able to enjoy such a fine spread of goodies. I've had my share of such New Years meals. A humble night at home with DW was a quiet and good thing. Your banquet of goodies sounds spectacular. Nice job.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner, new year