New Year's Eve Dinner 12/31/2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Last chance to share your dinner plans for this year. Act now or you'll be too late.

SO and I will be spending a quiet night in front of the fireplace enjoying a variety of appetizer type foods. We'll have shrimp cocktail, marinated herring, champagne, tempura shrimp, prosciutto and cheese, etc.

Enchiladas, the tortillas get dipped in a guajillo chili sauce, then the tortillas kiss the griddle on both sides for a few seconds and get stuffed with TexMex picadillo. Baked until the cheese melts on top.:yum: Sides of Mexican red rice and refried black beans.

I am making Chicken quesadillas and taco salads at Dx's. Plenty of guac, sour cream and salsa for either/ both. She is making a surprise dessert. We will meet up later this afternoon for a movie Before dinner. We are not late not people. Happy New Year !

Last edited:
New Years Eve Dinner 12/31/2014

We have a big bottle of Prosecco from our last trip to Trader Joe's. As for food, I'll need to go freezer spelunking. Hoping to find some black beans and rice.

We've been on vacation for the last two weeks, and prefer to avoid Amateur Night, so will be staying home.

Last edited:
Hear ye, hear ye! As mandated by Kroll family tradition, the last day of the year shall be designated "ButterFest," whereupon copious amounts of any food substance that can be dipped in butter shall be consumed. In the past, we've limited it to crab, lobster, shrimp scampi, and artichokes. This year we're adding scallops to the mix. Champagne or some similar sparkling alcoholic beverage will also be imbibed.

Following the festivities, Mrs. K will likely toddle off to bed around 9PM, and yours truly will fall fast asleep in his oversized easy chair while watching one of the NYE specials. Midnight will come and go without anyone in the house being awake to witness it. ;)

I'm having cataract surgery this afternoon, and Steve has a really bad cold so it should be lots of fun tonight. :(

The SousChef has been planning to make Steve Krolls recipe for Oyster Stew for dinner, so I'm sure he'll make a report later.

Happy New Year everyone!:flowers:

Ball drops at around 9:30 at our house. We are playing golf this afternoon with friends, then will stop in to the Tiki Bar for a toast to 2015 and a snack. Home by 5 pm, probably.

Haven't heard back yet from the guest I'm going to feed.

It's been narrowed down to either pizza and a salad or pork loin chops, taters, and a salad.

Well at least I know I'm having a salad. ;)

Happy New Year to each and every one of you zany folks.

And many happy returns.

Snacks tonight.

Wings, kielbasa coins, shrimp, crudités (pronounced crud-ites in my family), dip, pistachios, rye and diet ginger ale or maybe a Manhattan.

I'm going to try making pepperoni crisps or chips tonight. Paper thin slices of peperoni baked and then cooled to form a low carb snack chip of sorts, we'll see!

:LOL: Guess we're all a bunch of homebodies! IMHO, no sense going out on Amateur Night when we all can drink at home!

Sadly there was no black beans and rice to be spelunked, so we ended up with defrosted chicken noodle soup.

Hear ye, hear ye! As mandated by Kroll family tradition, the last day of the year shall be designated "ButterFest," whereupon copious amounts of any food substance that can be dipped in butter shall be consumed.
ButterFest... Round 1 (unfortunately no shrimp or scallops this year. Everything looked pretty well picked over by the time I got to the store today)

img_1404385_0_77d92a764b656f4c41a68c75dfe16267.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom