New Years Eve Dinner, Monday 31st December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Very soon we are having our NYE buffet :)

We are having homemade pork and fennel sausage rolls, puffy dogs, spring rolls, cheese and onion and pineapple sticks, some Indian pastries, pork pies, mini quiches... I think that is all :thumb

Looking forward to it, getting hungry now!

We are grilling smoked pork ribs and boerewors and maybe chicken. Sides will be green salad, pap and relish, curried cabbage, pickled beets and chakalaka.

Snacks just chips with dip and a few veggies. I'll make my cream cheese and sweet chilli dip and veggie mayo alla PF :) and ofcourse cocktails!

Homemade pizza tonight. Just waiting to punch down the dough right now.
Ham on the whole pizza with pineapple on 1 half and pepperoni on the other half.

New Year's Eve "dinner" will be party food. Champagne, shrimp, marinated herring, pit and olive salad, etc.

Have 2 porterhouse steaks thawing for DH and me. The yungun is working so won't be home for dinner. The steaks are huge! I'm thinking maybe just some broccoli and cheese with them.

Mushroom risotto. Probably be in bed around 10:00 pm. Definitely will be indoors! Seems the Cubans brought over a tradition of firing live rounds into the air.:( One or two rounds find there way into people on the way down each year.:(

I think we probably just scrounge. :(

My thumb got much better. I baked an easy chocolate cake and that was overdoing it. Phooey. I am afraid to make the thumb worse if I drive to the liquor store to buy a bottle of bubbly. Oh well.

Mushroom risotto. Probably be in bed around 10:00 pm. Definitely will be indoors! Seems the Cubans brought over a tradition of firing live rounds into the air.:( One or two rounds find there way into people on the way down each year.:(
What a stupid waste of ammo. At the end of every hunting season here, most of the city hunters who didn't get anything do that. :glare: I figure that if they didn't get anything, they really should be using those rounds for target practise. :LOL:

I know what I want, but I also know I'm not going to drive into the store to get it, so I'll probably have something to do with the pork I cut up yesterday. Maybe I'll make that ginger noodle thing as I just happen to have fresh ginger and green onions.

Every New Years Eve we have a tradition in our home we like to call "Butterfest". :LOL:

Think of it as the decadent prelude to the next morning's New Years resolutions. This year we have lobster in butter, crab legs in butter, shrimp scampi in butter, artichokes in butter, rolls with butter. And then there's more butter on the side. The whole meal is washed down with Prosecco (not butter).

Can hardly wait! :pig:

I actually am planning to cook and eat tonight. Chicken fried steak with sauteed onions and pan gravy with seasoned rice. I might also open a small can of beets. :angel:

New Year's Eve is quiet at our home. It usually goes by without much to-do. I have barbecue beef stew in the oven and grilled cheese quarters with it.

The main meal will be prime rib roast, crockpot mac and cheese, broccoli. I picked up a cherry pie from the store and got some vanilla gelato. Veggie and pita chips with hummus or tatzhiki for snacking. There will also be some nacho's at some point in the day, maybe for lunch.

Cocktails of course.

Happy New Year to you all.

Every New Years Eve we have a tradition in our home we like to call "Butterfest". :LOL:

Think of it as the decadent prelude to the next morning's New Years resolutions. This year we have lobster in butter, crab legs in butter, shrimp scampi in butter, artichokes in butter, rolls with butter. And then there's more butter on the side. The whole meal is washed down with Prosecco (not butter).

Can hardly wait! :pig:

That does sound great Steve...enjoy!

I actually am planning to cook and eat tonight. Chicken fried steak with sauteed onions and pan gravy with seasoned rice. I might also open a small can of beets. :angel:

Ads, that is great!

Your dinner sounds lovely :yum:

Back
Top Bottom