"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
This actually happened. I have time on my hands so I figure I would be really descriptive. :)

Old 01-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
This actually happened. I have time on my hands so I figure I would be really descriptive. :)
Send this write up to Readers Digest, they always print these type of stories. Perhaps there is another career in your future.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #13
Master Chef

I tryed writing before. ALas it didnt work out. :(

I turned onto the main road. I started thinking about all the drunk drivers that are out there. So heres me..... no glasses.... Im squinting, almost out of gas.... its 3AM..... I have a stray kitten in the back of my car and Im worried about a drunk driver hitting me. :?
I was REALLY hopeing that this one station would be open. Its owned by one of the big oil companies. It wasnt to far away.... the kitten is meowing more now. Im waiting for the engine to warm up so I can get some heat. The closer I get the gas station the more it LOOKS like it is open. Me squinting is hardly doing anything. Yes! Its open!!! 8) Now Im just worried about me turning into a curb when I enter the gas station. I didnt. heat was just starting to come out of the air vents. It seems to quiet the kitty. I left the car running and started to pump the much need fuel so I could complete my mission. I was freezing, the wind blew like the Cubs loose! (which is a LOT :roll: )
Tank filled, I get in the car. Aahhhhhhhh! Warmth! Off I go to the police station. This road I was on was dark as could be. No lights. I look like a 90 year old woman behind the wheel. The wheel is almost against my chest and my face almost pressed against the windshield. I managed to let out a chuckle. I asked the kitten how hes doing. He said Meow. :roll:
Anyhew, I drive up to the police station and againt manage not to hit the curb while turning into the parking lot. I got out of the car open the rear door and yanked the cat carrier out. Here comes the meowing again. I walk into the station... the dispatcher buzzes me in. She proceeds to tell me that all the officers are out. There are emergencies all over the town. So she took my information and took the cat out of the carrier. She didnt have keys for the cage in the back of the station so she said she would keep the kitten in the dispatch area. I was a bit shocked at that, but I just wanted to leave. I walked back into the night and into my car. It was still warm. Its about 3:15 now. I start thinking what the 24/7 vet said. I needed to clean the litter box out and wash it with bleach. Now all the stores are closed. Where in heck am I going to find cat litter? Ahhh HA! White Hen!!! And it was close to my apartment and YES! It was open. Walking up to the door Im thinking. What if these guys dont have it? And why was this drunk kid in the parking lot starring at me?
I went in and asked. He pointed to the bag of broken bits of clay that I so needed. I didnt care how much it was at this point.
I drove back to my place. My cats are still locked up in my bedroom. Poor guys. But they would have to wait a bit longer. After returning my car carrier to the storage area, I emptied the litter box, and washed it and the floor with bleach. It almost 4am. :? I open the bedroom door. My one cat just looks at me. Like he saying 'you jerk'. Well I get out a few crackers and a beer. I sit down finally at my computer desk wanting to tell and of you what happened. I drank half the beer and ate one cracker. Time for BED! :o

Day 2: I wake up about noon. I tell my friend / pastor what happened. After he finished laughing, he told me to go down where the cat knocked off my glasses. I kind of rolled my eyes. Well, I managed to throw myself into the shower. Slap clothes on and walk down stairs. I went out crossing my fingers. I looked again... and again... nothing. Well maybe its on the otherside of the walkway. I noticed something in the bushes! Could this be IT? If so how did my glasses get in here? I pushed my face closer and squinted. IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There they are! I quickly grabbed them and put them on. Ahhhhh MUCH better! :D I called my friend up and told him that I found them. So, latter that night... what do I do? I sit on my glasses. Again. 2nd time in 3 days. :( And this time they are bent really good.
Well thats the end of the story....... dont know if there is a moral to it though. What do you folks think? :roll:
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

ummm, sush, why did you give up your rescue-ee? sounds like fate that the 2 of you should meet.
you already provide a house for 2, what's one more gonna do?
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #15
Head Chef

You big sweetie you! I wanna hear what happened next!
big hugs
Old 01-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #16
Head Chef

I can't wait....keep typing!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #17
Head Chef

You, my dearest sushi are destined for sainthood!

If I could wrap my arms about your neck in a big hug - I definately would!

Cyberhugs
Old 01-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #18
Master Chef

Thanks Lindatoo! :D :D :D
Bucky, my 2 cats that I have are like brothers. They really love eachother. And my place isnt that big. If I had a house I might have kept him. Im just happy he didnt get run over or starve to death. Hes in a nice warm place now. We have about 6 inches of snow that just fell last night. :roll: