New Year's Menus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyogal

Head Chef
What are you planning for New Year's Eve and/or Day?
We got a couple of lobster tails on sale ($4.99 ea), have them in the freezer. I'd like to do something with them on Near Year's Eve, not sure what yet. We'll be staying in, having a quiet evening of some good food and a few games of Yahtzee.
Then on New Year's Day we are going to have a turkey, with all the trimmings. Haven't really decided what "all the trimmings" will entail, other than gravy, mashed potatoes, dressing.

New Years Eve day we are going out to a Chinese restaurant for a late lunch. We'll have champagne, shrimp cocktail, marinated herring and other stuff in front of a fire in the fireplace in the evening.

New Years Day we will have a standing rib roast, baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner. Don't know what's up for dessert. Whatever is left over from Christmas sweets.

we stay home.

i make homemade: blue cheese dip, onion dip, salsa, mac salad and potato salad.

a cold cut platter, olives, vinegar hot peppers
plain chips, sour cream and onion chips, doritos and torilla chips
rolls and long loaves of bread
lettuce, tomatoes and red onion
mayo
oil
red wine vinegar
sparkling cider
egg nog
cider

ny eve order in something from one of our local resturants, maybe surf and turf

ny day whatever anyone wants no special meal - just a new day
maybe do a whole chicken in my rival barbq crock pot and make a macaroni salad,

Happy new year all and for the new year
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more And nothing but happiness come through your door.

ny eve order in something from one of our local resturants, maybe surf and turf

ny day whatever anyone wants no special meal - just a new day
maybe do a whole chicken in my rival barbq crock pot and make a macaroni salad,

Happy new year all and for the new year
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more And nothing but happiness come through your door.
thank you and the same to you and yours!!

New Year's Eve? We will just stay at home. Fruit salad will do :) and some firecrackers ( not for dinner of course hehe )

A huge pot of ham and bean soup, making sure there are black-eyed peas in the bean mix. Served with cornbread and honey butter. I'll be taking this to work to share with anyone who would like to partake.

We'd rather do our partying at home. New Year's always calls for Black Eyed Peas, so that'll be on the menu either Thursday night or Friday. haven't decided which.

Will probably make some pizzas for football watching on the 1st (Go Northwestern Wildcats!) and there is plenty of Champagne for celebrating. :)

A huge pot of ham and bean soup, making sure there are black-eyed peas in the bean mix. Served with cornbread and honey butter. I'll be taking this to work to share with anyone who would like to partake.

bean soup here but not new years day. but on the week-end. yeah cornbread, with honey butter sound wonderful.

new years eve.just graze i guess, just me. got some champagne and will toast to a better year. and my friend wallie, that is still sick. hopefully she will get better in the new year.

Not really sure yet. I've got shrimp, scallops and crab meat in the freezer. Guess I'll just run with that.

I'm catering a dinner for 20 with curried zucchini soup, grilled herb encrusted chicken, grilled veggies (carrots, beets, peppers, eggplant, green beans), veggie pasta salad (penne with cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onion, tomato, cucumber & chickpeas in a vinaigrette), fresh foccacia with rosemary, sea salt & parmesan and double chocolate frosted brownies, gingerbread cookies, oatmeal peanut butter & chocolate chip cookies & frosted cookie cutter sugar cookies for dessert.

So we will probably have homemade pizza (from the freezer) & salad, I doubt I will want to cook & cleanup for us too. :ermm:

Happy New Year! May everyone find good health, much happiness & lots of laughter in 2010!!:)

My wifes family had the tradition of the men cooking NYE while the ladies relax. I brought it back this year in a BIG way. I'm doing a tasting menu and my FIL is pairing wines with each and I'm pairing beer

The menu is

First: Tuna sashimi with daikon radish, cucumber, fresh grated ginger and a soy dipping sauce. Beer---Unibroue-Blanche de Chambly

Second: Pan seared scallops with bacon/mushroom/onion stuffed mini bell peppers and fried mushrooms. Beer---Fuller's London Pride

Third: Grilled mango and prosciutto with herb ricotta and mango coulis Beer---Weihenstephaner Original

Fourth: Parmesan polenta and shrimp with pineapple habanero sauce. Beer--- Uniroue La Fin du Monde

Fifth: Grilled lamb (ground lamb) skewers with cucumber mint coucous and cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. Beer---Duchesse de Bourgogne

Sixth: Two Kobe beef tenderloins and bearnaise sauce with mushroom risotto. Beer--- Hobgoblin

Seventh: 3 Year aged Blue Stilton, 2 year aged French Comte, 3 year aged Australian white cheddar, some curry cashews and 3 year aged Parmesan with a drizzle of maple syrup. Beer--- Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter

Eighth: Crème brulee in a sugar cookie tartlette on a bed of mixed berry compote. Beer---Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

I don't know the wines yet but I do know that the wine for the cheese coarse is a 1932 vintage Port

New Years Eve...I dunno yet..Chili? Soup? Stew? Coq Au Vin? Shrimp & Grits?
New Years Day will be Black-Eye Peas, Hog jowl, Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots, and Cornbread!!

New Years day... Black-Eye Peas, Hog jowl, Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots, and Cornbread!!

You're really showing your southern traditional roots! :) Tons of my mother's family from Plaquemine and New Orleans will be sharing your menu as well.

Me, I can't stand black-eyed peas, mustard greens or turnip roots... BUT I will be making a shrimp gumbo and cornbread. Does that count?

Have a blessed New Year! ;)

Yep, that's our menu, too. It's a tradition in my family. Happy New Year everybody!

New Years Eve...I dunno yet..Chili? Soup? Stew? Coq Au Vin? Shrimp & Grits?
New Years Day will be Black-Eye Peas, Hog jowl, Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots, and Cornbread!!

Ooohhh.. Thanks for the Coq Au Vin idea! I've been wanting to make that recently and I think New Years Day is the perfect time. As for NYE.. we usually snack on queso, salsa, various other dips, meatballs, etc. But I'm also thinking Chinese takeout sounds pretty darn yummy, too. But I definitly think Coq Au Vin is going to be on the menu for New Years Day. :) During that afternoon, we'll have "texas caviar", aka black eyed pea salsa with chips, for good luck in the New Year.

Happy New Year everyone! Be safe, and please call a taxi or a sober friend if you're out and intoxicated.

New Year's Eve will be a bunch of appetizers brought by a bunch of people...all good!

New Year's Day is the traditional, but my way :ermm: This was last-year's Hoppin' John. It just has to have black-eyed peas, collard greens, and pork...the rest is optional. I tend to like cilantro and lime with mine...not traditional, but, my mouth is happy! This year will be a repeat of some kind. The bowl below is two feet across...if anyone wants some let me know! LOLOL

img_868266_0_8cec45f97b405bde4b5fd757856513b1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom