New Year's Menus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY Eve all of us go to our favorite Chinese place. Then we come home and have dessert,my favorite being coconut ice cream, the others will feast on home made cream puffs, brownies, truffles,Katie E.s Devils food cake...
The first will be a first this year, my girls have decided to do the cooking for my birthday. They are making shrimp, and crab with garlic butter, pasta, fruit and green salad,French rolls, deviled eggs, assorted appies...And one of them is going to give a birthday cake a try. Why since I'm baking Katies wonderful cake..But, they gotta learn sometime:ROFLMAO: This should be fun!!!
kades

Oooo cool! I hope the cake is yummy!

For NY eve I am undecided. Either a nibbly night or something light. NY day I'm going to have a crowd again. Going to do my black bean soup for starter (can I toss in some black eyed peas you think?), some spinach salad, ham, scalloped potatoes and lots of wine!

New Years Eve. Party food.
New Years Day: Pork Roast cooked with sauerkraut. Mashed Potatoes( with sauerkraut on top YUMYUM), Black Eyed Peas and maybe another veggie. Dessert: Ginger Bread with Lemon Sauce.

Ours would be Fiesta Ham/Prosciutto on toasted rye bread with mustard mayo dressing. Menudo for dinner and dessert is Tres Leche with cherry pineapple topping...we are making frozen Margaritas to toast to.

My traditional New Year's Eve dinner is a Tbone steak, baked potato and salad.
Dunno why, but it's what I've had for a loooong time.

Going to do my black bean soup for starter (can I toss in some black eyed peas you think

Sounds good to me. I just got the ham and beans done and parceled out for all. Everyone take it easy and be safe! I'll be at work, watching the New Year come and go.:clap:

Fondue bourguignonne and chinoise... as usual ;o)

We celebrate with friends and we always do fondue...
together with lots of dips, fresh bread, Zaziki and so on.. too much to eat for six people ;o)

For New Year's Eve - A bottle of local winery "School House Red", a freshly baked baguette (made by me), a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese, a romantic comedy DVD and an attractive date! ;)

Selkie said:
You're really showing your southern traditional roots! :) Tons of my mother's family from Plaquemine and New Orleans will be sharing your menu as well.

Yep! Just an old country boy....An American by birth...A Southerner by the Grace of God! ;)

Selkie said:
Me, I can't stand black-eyed peas, mustard greens or turnip roots.

Bless your heart!! :LOL:

Selkie said:
BUT I will be making a shrimp gumbo and cornbread. Does that count?

Absolutely It does!!! :chef:

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Kitchenelf said:
New Year's Day is the traditional, but my way :ermm: This was last-year's Hoppin' John. It just has to have black-eyed peas, collard greens, and pork..

.........:ermm: Surely ya gonna bake a pone of corn bread?? ;)

My own menu..

Hi everybody.. I've just finished cooking..let's read what I've just prepared...
-Renaissance spiced stuffed veal with pumpkin sauce and fresh cream
-My home made Indian aubergines (Bartha baigan)with my secret ingredients...:LOL:;)
-Semolina cake with rose flavoured cream filling and red fruits sauce
....I'll make photoes asap...

Happy New Year to all of you with love from Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!:chef::-p

My wifes family had the tradition of the men cooking NYE while the ladies relax. I brought it back this year in a BIG way. I'm doing a tasting menu and my FIL is pairing wines with each and I'm pairing beer

The menu is

First: Tuna sashimi with daikon radish, cucumber, fresh grated ginger and a soy dipping sauce. Beer---Unibroue-Blanche de Chambly

Second: Pan seared scallops with bacon/mushroom/onion stuffed mini bell peppers and fried mushrooms. Beer---Fuller's London Pride

Third: Grilled mango and prosciutto with herb ricotta and mango coulis Beer---Weihenstephaner Original

Fourth: Parmesan polenta and shrimp with pineapple habanero sauce. Beer--- Uniroue La Fin du Monde

Fifth: Grilled lamb (ground lamb) skewers with cucumber mint coucous and cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. Beer---Duchesse de Bourgogne

Sixth: Two Kobe beef tenderloins and bearnaise sauce with mushroom risotto. Beer--- Hobgoblin

Seventh: 3 Year aged Blue Stilton, 2 year aged French Comte, 3 year aged Australian white cheddar, some curry cashews and 3 year aged Parmesan with a drizzle of maple syrup. Beer--- Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter

Eighth: Crème brulee in a sugar cookie tartlette on a bed of mixed berry compote. Beer---Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

I don't know the wines yet but I do know that the wine for the cheese coarse is a 1932 vintage Port

Wow!!

I am on my way, save me a spot!!!!!

Wishing all you lovely people who are reading this......A most Happy and Healthy New Year.....May all your wishes come true and all your dreams come true too......

Sorry, I didn't realize this thread was for New Year's Eve, also. I thought it was for New Year's Day.

Tonight, I'm making a meatball casserole with tossed salad.

Wishing all you lovely people who are reading this......A most Happy and Healthy New Year.....May all your wishes come true and all your dreams come true too......
thank you and the same back to you and yours!!

New Years Eve. Party food.
New Years Day: Pork Roast cooked with sauerkraut. Mashed Potatoes( with sauerkraut on top YUMYUM), Black Eyed Peas and maybe another veggie. Dessert: Ginger Bread with Lemon Sauce.

The other veggie is Kale. I forgot the greens!!!:LOL:

New Years Eve...I dunno yet..Chili? Soup? Stew? Coq Au Vin? Shrimp & Grits?
New Years Day will be Black-Eye Peas, Hog jowl, Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots, and Cornbread!!

New Year's Eve:

Bourbon.......
Chili is on the stove s-l-o-w-l-y simmering......
Corn Bread...Hot! and buttered!
Candies.....
Champagne ......
:sleep:

New Year's Day:

Remains the same!!!

Back
Top Bottom