"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #31
Executive Chef

I can't even watch the idiot from last year. He still wears the Mr. T starter kit.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz
I can't even watch the idiot from last year. He still wears the Mr. T starter kit.
And the two young men from the season before last, the first, seem to have disappeared.

I wonder if this show might not actually be damaging the food network. I can't watch most shows without consciously suspecting the "personality" is as contrived and produced as it is on Network Stars.

I was rooting for JAG but the enthusiasm started to wane at Fort Dix and disappeared during the Ironchef episode. At this point if I were being paid to pick a favorite it would be Amy, but the truth is I don't care to see more of any of them.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #33
Head Chef

you can go to myspace.com/foodnetworkstar
and watch some of the audition videos for the
NEXT season of prospective stars.

oh boy. not good. ;)
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #34
Executive Chef

the canadian guy who used to drive the toaster trailer kitchen is back doing outrageous food tasting. And a new Latino show is starting but it seems more fizz than substance from the commercials. But the reality show contestants really seem lame after several "challenges". What kind of tomatoes were those???
Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #35
Master Chef

Yesterdays' episode was weird. They were discusion how Jag wasn't any good, and then they choose him anyway, huh... what was it about? Or did I misunderstud everything?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
Master Chef

Hm, I thoght there was another post of mine here, but it is not, weird. Ah, what I was trying to say was the fact that there is very little cooking on Food Network left and new person is not going to cook either. Look at last year dude, he is not cooking. He is driving around checking out some diners. Who cares? The whole network is a shem. There are couple of shows during the day with people still cooking, lyke Tyler and Sarah Molton... Everything else is mostly entertainment. Pretty soon I'll cansel cable, Food TV is the only reason I'm paying for it. More and more it seems like a waist of money.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #37
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
And the two young men from the season before last, the first, seem to have disappeared.
I just requested "The Hearty Boys" on fntv, and got 6 pages of recipe references, but nothing for a show. So it would seem they were not renewed for a 2nd season. (Guy Fieri WAS renewed. Go figure!) The Hearty Boys, however, have a very successful catering business in Chicago.

I saw last night's show, too. and join you all in being underwhelmed. I really don't care who wins, or whether I watch another minute of the show. I think this one could die a natural death and no one would miss it except those folks who are hoping to be contestants.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #38
Executive Chef

I think if they changed how the contestants get judged it would be more interesting. i.e. Use a stage with a studio audience or "text to" whatever. Maybe not even have contestants eliminated and have a final vote? This way you could see more of the people who left in the first 1-2 shows.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Yesterdays' episode was weird. They were discusion how Jag wasn't any good, and then they choose him anyway, huh... what was it about? Or did I misunderstud everything?
They gave them a chance to fend for themselves.... Jag expressed his passion for food, and as they say at the Food Network, the FOOD is the STAR. The other guy talked about that he was an entertainer... oops, wrong thing to say! Even tho entertainment is key on FN!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz
I think if they changed how the contestants get judged it would be more interesting. i.e. Use a stage with a studio audience or "text to" whatever. Maybe not even have contestants eliminated and have a final vote? This way you could see more of the people who left in the first 1-2 shows.
I agree.... America has voted... you're next FOOD NETWORK STAR IS?

I would have to say Amy at this point. But yea, it would be nice to see these people actually do something with their skills (or lack there of) instead of becoming a 'host'.