Next Food Network Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sattie said:
and as they say at the Food Network, the FOOD is the STAR.

I think we all can agree that judging by the caliber of shows and the number of pseudo-chefs on FN, their slogan pretty much means nothing.

I gave up on this show after two episodes. It was like watching a bunch of 5 year olds trying to play organized baseball. The only two shows that I watch on FN now are ICA and Ace of Cakes.

Lots of us watched last night and no one can seems to agree with the decision to keep JAG. He is certainly not someone I would ever watch on TV, but I really don't care for any of them. He was crying about his Iron Chef episode, the couldn't believe he didn't buy peppers, etc. and yet they never send him home. I never saw the Hearty Boys Show, it must have never been on at a time when I was home. How was it?

carolelaine said:
Lots of us watched last night and no one can seems to agree with the decision to keep JAG.
Well I don't know about that. If they could only let one person go then I think they picked the right person. In fact, based on cooking skill and personality (one of them at least), I think he beats out Rory too.

finally was able to catch up on it, after having missed two of the episodes.
so it's down to "those two." don't want this to be a spoiler so I won't say the names just in case you've not seem them either.
but if either of them wins, I have no reason to watch.
felt the contestants were very weak this season, just my not so humble opinon is all.
:huh:

Well, big surprise. I watched all of those shows because there's not alot on in the summer, but I never could understand how the finalists were chosen. It always seemed like the worst ones got to move to the next round, and the only thing that saved us from one of them was the FN's lack of research on who they put on TV.

Jeekinz said:
Well the July 15th show was a bit of a twist.:wacko:

It never pays to lie.:ermm:

The one show I missed. What happened? I am not impressed with this show much either, and as another poster said, I'm a bit shocked at the rudeness of some of the regular hosts. It almost makes their TV persona seem fake.

sunnysmile said:
I'm a bit shocked at the rudeness of some of the regular hosts. It almost makes their TV persona seem fake.

You got that right, Sunny.

Jag lied about being in Afghanistan or Iraq or wherever, and lied about his culinary history. He fessed up, but only after he was voted to move on to the finals.

What a dope.....what a 'maroon'.:ROFLMAO:

So he withdrew from the competition fearing a media frenzy. -lol

JAG got "outed" by the Army Times newspaper.
They researched and discovered the truth.

So I believe that had they not researched, he would not
have disclosed the truth.

Sad, really. If he had been honest, he might still be in
the running.

GrillingFool said:
but if I had to guess, I would say that
we will be watching Rory's gummy smile on FoodTV.quote]

Sadly you are probably right. I really didn't care for any of the contestants, but if I had to choose it would be Amy.

I'm not sure who I disliked more Paul or JAG.

I missed last week's episode. What an episode to miss! My friend Angie gave me the scoop so I found a good webpage with the info on it.

Report: 'Next Food Network Star' finalist lied about military, schooling - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs

I guess he lied about not only his culinary background, but his military background as well. Not cool.

Here's the part about his false culinary culinary school experience....

(By the way, I called this a few weeks ago. Post #23 of this thread.)

Garcia attended the New York Restaurant School -- now known as the Art Institute of New York City -- following his exit from the Marines, and he told Food Network he was a graduate. Once again, the information he provided proved to be false. Midge Elias, director of public relations at the school, told The Times Garcia never graduated but could not divulge why due to privacy laws.

based on what i've been seeing on food network lately, it's very, very clear to me who will likely win.

rory.

and why? i think it's easy to see why.

CharlieD said:
there is very little cooking on Food Network left and new person is not going to cook either. Look at last year dude, he is not cooking. He is driving around checking out some diners. Who cares? The whole network is a shem. There are couple of shows during the day with people still cooking, lyke Tyler and Sarah Molton... Everything else is mostly entertainment. Pretty soon I'll cansel cable, Food TV is the only reason I'm paying for it. More and more it seems like a waist of money.

Charlie, I could not agree more!!!:LOL:

black chef said:
based on what i've been seeing on food network lately, it's very, very clear to me who will likely win.

rory.

and why? i think it's easy to see why.

Her big gums? :LOL:

velochic said:
Her big gums? :LOL:
not her big gums... instead, her big "somethings.":ohmy:

just like ingrid hoffman (simply delicioso), it's VERY easy to see why she's on the network.

it's sure not for her pronounciation of "worchestshire" sauce.

Last edited:
black chef said:
just like ingrid hoffman (simply delicioso), it's VERY easy to see why she's on the network.
I think that show started last Saturday. Did anyone see it and does she really seem to know Latin cooking? On her promos advertised on Network Star she says something like, "I hate working in the kitchen. . . . I'm a professional eater." I kept thinking, I don't need an instructional TV show to learn how to eat. The promo seemed very amateurish and artificial to me, even compared to the Network Star contestants.

carolelaine said:
I am glad that Amy won. I liked her better than both Rory and Jag.

i had jag #1 because he can flat-out cook.

i had rory #2 because she seems down-to-earth.

i had amy #3 because even though she can cook, she seemed kinda stuck-up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom