No Eat Wednesday? 11/4/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
It's been a long day already.

Were having crock pot raviolis.Kind of like a lasagna type of dinner.

Made a sauce, layered it all in with mozzarella cheese.Parmesan basil mix.
After it's good and warm I'll set it on cook to crisp up the sides a little bit.
Salad and garlic bread.

Leftover loaded up split pea soup from yesterday, and a slice of garlic bread on the side.

Chicken tenders in pesto cream sauce, which includes applewood smoked ham and spinach, served over spinach pasta. Had my first ever dutch oven bread with it. Came out great, so it really is idiot proof. The only other thing I have ever baked is some banana nut sinkers, using a muffin recipe.

French onion soup made with the beef broth DH made a couple of weeks ago and froze, as well as some commercial chicken broth. I can't stand commercially made beef broth, it always has a chemical taste to me. Did enough caramelized onions for another batch later on.

We're having date night and going to Casa Grecque.
That was a bit disappointing. The food was good, but the potatoes and the salad bar weren't as good as usual and Stirling's lasagna was probably the same recipe, but was assembled and baked on a large flat plate instead of the smaller much deeper plate that they used to use. He liked it better before. The service was rather ho hum as well. I guess it will be a while before we go there again.

Today is our 8th anniversary. It has been one heck of a ride for us so far.
Tonight we are cooking the other lobster tails. We struggled to get the meat free of the shells, and then went back to the video to see why it was so easy for the guy. In his narration, he said a friend came back from Florida with them and gave them to him.
We looked closely at the lobster, and the meat was opaque, not translucent. Somewhere along the way the tails had been partially cooked, which was why it was so easy to free them from the shell!!
We were fit to be tied, but now a lesson learned

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Today is our 8th anniversary. It has been one heck of a ride for us so far.
Tonight we are cooking the other lobster tails. We struggled to get the meat free of the shells, and then went back to the video to see why it was so easy for the guy. In his narration, he said a friend came back from Florida with them and gave them to him.
We looked closely at the lobster, and the meat was opaque, not translucent. Somewhere along the way the tails had been partially cooked, which was why it was so easy to free them from the shell!!
We were fit to be tied, but now a lesson learned
Happy anniversary Souschef and Kayelle. I hope you enjoyed it.

So, how did you guys solve that problem? Sounds like cheating to me (in the video, that is)

Happy anniversary, Kayelle and Souschef!

Nothing so elegant here, we cleaned up a few more leftovers.

Happy Anniversary KL and SC!

005.JPG

006.JPG

I made one of my favorite dinners

Sauteed chicken, canned mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, pepper, canned chicken gravy all served over yolkfree noodles, MMM
I put some peas in mine for some type of greenery

After we were done and DH was finished pushing food around on his plate,
I come to find out he does not like this dish! After 27 years, I find this out now? "it's too creamy, I don't like creamy" (add the whiny kid tone to that statement) WHAT?! It's gravy and chicken over noodles for crying out loud...
Oh well, that's the last time I eat that :(

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes.:heart:

Happy anniversary Souschef and Kayelle. I hope you enjoyed it.

So, how did you guys solve that problem? Sounds like cheating to me (in the video, that is)

Yup, I had great hopes for that video. We're not exactly whole live Maine lobster experts out here and apparently neither is the video guy. :(
He never once mentioned the his tails had been at least partially cooked before he started. Anyway, the two we did yesterday were a real struggle with the raw tails, and again tonight. I solved part of the problem tonight by running a pic through the length of the meat to keep them from curling.
All in all..it was fun and delicious.:chef:

kgirl....:LOL: Your post made me laugh...I think your dinner looks great and I would love a plate. :yum:

taxy...sorry to hear that tonight's date night dinner wasn't as good as before. That's disappointing, for sure.

Kay and Sous, happy anniversary! The few times I've cooked lobster I've also had trouble freeing the meat from the shell. It did look so easy in the video. :) Hoping tonight's dinner was a bit easier to prepare. (edit...we were posting at the same time...)

I loved my bowl (actually, two) of the split pea soup. It tasted especially good and warming on this cold night.

Last edited:
Oh, Kgirl, I think your dish looks great! I wouldn't stop making it just because your DH doesn't like it!

By the way, I steamed the remaining four big claws and legs, and shelled the meat with ease. Tomorrow when we are doing errands we'll stop at Vons to get a big King Crab leg to add to the claw meat for seafood "lobster/crab rolls" for the SC, and stuffed avocado halves for me. We've had lots of mileage out of those four 2lb. lobsters.
I thought about boiling up the heads for lobster bisque, but enough is enough.:ohmy:
I'm ready for cow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom