No one is cooking on 7/8/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
We had Chinese barbecue pork (char siu) in steamed buns (bao), with pickled watermelon rind,cilantro, and chopped peanuts.

My kind of supper.

Attachments

• Bao (6).jpg
    Bao (6).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
We are in search of a good Chef's salad and a killer mango margarita. And I think I know exactly where to find them both.

BBQ Tri-Tip french dip with a shrimp stuffed avocado + broccoli.

img_1472300_0_77917749302bd6ebc8385bf0117109aa.jpg

Mmmm....great looking pics, Silversage and Joey. :yum:

Inspired by Beth, I made a meatloaf this morning. Dinner this evening was a meatloaf sandwich, barely warmed to take the chill off, on sourdough with a light spread of mayo. Oven roasted potato wedges and fresh picked tomatoes on the side.

I'm fixin' to slice up the meatloaf and save a couple of sandwich sized slices for the next day or two, and portion out the rest to freeze. I can't begin to write a recipe. Meatloaf is kind of like my potato salad...it's never exactly the same twice, but the meatloaf has to include bell pepper and onions. This one turned out particularly good. :yum:

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures!

We treated ourselves to beautiful bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon's. They were rare and succulent to our specks, and worth every bite. Sides were leftover grilled veggies from last night along with loaded baked potato ..the loaded flesh for him and the loaded skins for me. A marriage made in heaven. lol

Well, I took up an idea from Andy. Made a big pot of American Chop Suey and got two days out of it. Thanks Andy for the idea. :angel:

Good as those photos look, I'm not tempted tonight because we has a delicious, non-photographed dinner.

Got some just-caught Lake Erie walleye at the store. *swoon* Dusted it up just a bit with The Spice House's Florida Seasoned Pepper, grilled it, and added some sides: leftover mac-and-cheese, steamed broccoli, Brussels sprouts. Chased it all down with a Great Lakes amber Lager, "Elliot Ness".

We had butternut squash gnocchi with browned butter and sage, with a side of zucchini, tomato, onion and garlic "stew."
37240-albums1042-picture6578.jpg

I used this recipe Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe | Epicurious.com . You roast the squash and use the puree as part of the gnocchi dough. They were good, but I really didn't taste the butternut. Craig said he could a little in the background. The only good thing about the recipe is the squash has half the carbs of a potato so you can still have gnocchi and cut carbs. I'd rather have the full carbs and cubed roasted butternut squash personally.

If anybody decides to make this, these gnocchi do take a little more time to cook after they float than regular potato gnocchi, but not nearly as much time as recipe calls for. I think I ended up cooking them about 4-5 minutes after they floated in just barely boiling water. Cooked them in 3 batches and ended up having to put the first 2 back in for a few minutes because they weren't cooked through and were gummy. Oh, and I baked the potato, didn't boil it, so I didn't need quite as much flour as recipe called for either.

Back
Top Bottom