Nov. 20 2015 Friday Night Date Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. Fabulous looking and sounding Friday night dinners here tonight!

I made Chile Relleno Casserole and pulled pork tacos for dinner this afternoon. I almost overfried the corn tortillas - I like them a little bit cooked rather than just warmed, but it was still foldable. I don't often make dinner these days with a 5 year old wanting my attention. :D Anyway, it was really good and I'm looking forward to leftovers! :yum: Tyler liked his tacos but didn't want to try the chile relleno casserole. :)

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I can't afford a smoked spiral ham costing $23 and more, so I bought one of those plastic wrapped ham steaks with bone in that are already cooked. I use it up in two ways.

Way #1 is to cut that ham steak in half and pan fry it so it gets a firm texture, then cook up some Au Gratin potatoes to go with it, with some steamed broccoli. Sweet honey mustard too. Yummy.

Way #2 is to cut that half a ham steak into cubes and put it in some "white sauce" along with sweet peas mixed in to make a kind of "chipped ham on toast" type meal. I don't pour it over toast, tho you can, but serve it with some mashed potables and a steamed vegetable side, like Brussel sprouts.

Both these meals are much tastier if you start out with uncooked ham and bake it, but those type uncooked hams are expensive. The smallest uncooked ham starts out at around $23. A packaged cooked ham steak is like...$5.

Last edited:
I know of green beans almondine, or with mushrooms, but I've never heard of them this way. Recipe? :D

There's no recipe, really. You just look blindly into another woman's kitchen cabinets, trying to figure out some way to cook something using her cookware and seasonings :mrgreen:

It's trickier than it sounds. We ended up with green salads because that's what DH wanted :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom