Nov. 20 2015 Friday Night Date Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
010.JPG

[file photo, ravs, meatballs and sausage with my marinara]

Homemade chicken fried steaks, sweet potato casserole, Brussels sprouts in a cheese sauce and homemade bread. Or I may do some mashed potatoes and gravy.

I have taken an I'm hungry spell.

We broke down the turkey and roasted it yesterday, and I have stock simmering on the stove. I'm going to make gravy and reheat sliced turkey in it, and make dressing and bake it for a side. I'll also make green beans somehow.

Chile Relleno Casserole :yum:, and a pulled pork taco. I've been craving CRC all summer!

Fixin' to get started on it while my grandson is entertaining himself with the soccer ball out on the back lawn, where I can see him through the kitchen window. :)

DH is headed to a company dinner with Tito, the vodka guy. He invited me to go, but wives usually don't go. So I think I'll skip it.

I made some broccoli cheese soup with homemade chicken stock and my beloved Velveeta.

I tried out a potentially interesting recipe - a very loose variation of pesto. It consisted of cooked cavolo nero blitzed with garlic, lemon zest, anchovy fillet and a little oil. Could be promising if amended, i.e. currently the other flavours not really coming through.

Moving slowly, but movin' just the same.

We had orange bell peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, rice and aromatics. Topped with bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan. Pretty tasty. Enjoyed a couple of fresh dinner rolls with honey-butter. Filled us up just fine.

"Date Night", huh? After thoroughly cleaning 1/2 the living room ("move the furniture and dust EVERY item" thorough), doing two loads of laundry, and making a full dinner, I'll be on a double-date tonight. First with my Lane Snuggler and then with my down pillows. ;)

...I'll also make green beans somehow.
I know of green beans almondine, or with mushrooms, but I've never heard of them this way. Recipe? :D

I prepped a casserole of mac-and-cheese while waiting for yesterday's diinner to cook, so I baked that up today along with some carrots, sauteed collard greens in bacon and its drippings, and fried up a ham steak.

Attachments

• 2015-11-20 21.07.01.jpg
    2015-11-20 21.07.01.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 124
"Date Night", huh? After thoroughly cleaning 1/2 the living room ("move the furniture and dust EVERY item" thorough), doing two loads of laundry, and making a full dinner, I'll be on a double-date tonight. First with my Lane Snuggler and then with my down pillows. ;)

I know of green beans almondine, or with mushrooms, but I've never heard of them this way. Recipe? :D
Bahaha
I prepped a casserole of mac-and-cheese while waiting for yesterday's diinner to cook, so I baked that up today along with some carrots, sauteed collard greens in bacon and its drippings, and fried up a ham steak.
At first glance, I thought you had ham steak and sausages. :ermm: But, they were carrots. Looks good.

Suddenly it was dinnertime and I had nothing planned or started. Found some chicken patties in the freezer. Had more cans of nacho cheese soup than I need so mixed 2 cans soup with 1 can milk and pored it over the patties and baked. For a side u had 2 cartons of white rice left from the Chinese take-out. Added a can of black beans and a can of corn and reheated it in the microwave. All in all it came out pretty good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

On this low carb diet I've been craving Italian food big time.

Tonight I made crispy thighs chicken cacciatore in the the "convection roast" oven setting at 375 degrees for 45 min.

It was delicious....SC had a bed of perfectly cooked angel hair pasta, and mine was with a bed of wilted spinach.

img_1444636_0_6c5d49c7cd25f452bf43b8c47e879e38.jpg

Stirling made lasagna. He had already made the sauce and just had to defrost it and grate the mozzarella. I made the cottage cheese. Oh yeah, that was really tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_20151120_210534.jpg
    IMG_20151120_210534.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20151120_210928.jpg
    IMG_20151120_210928.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom