Nov. 22 2014, Saturday Football and ... ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We continue to progress through the leftovers. I also roasted some carrots and am in the process of roasting a couple beets. Have a plate of crustless pumpkin pie. Spicy deer sausage, Ritz crackers and sharp cheddar.

Last edited:
Cabbage Au Gratin topped with a couple of paper thin pork chops.

Really just some remodeled steamed cabbage wedges, snatched from the jaws of the garbage can! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm making a tamale pie, but changed some of the ingredients. Again, I forgot to add the taco cheese before pouring on the cornbread batter topping. I hate it when I do that, but this time I would have overfilled the pie plate anyway. I can always add the cheese when I serve.

I used some uncooked cornbread stuffing to the meat mixture as a binder, and substituted roasted red peppers for green ones.

I'll post the recipe after it's finished cooking and I have a chance to taste it.

I made an especially tasty tomato sauce with mushrooms to go over some Italian sausage ravioli.

I made pan-seared Mahi Mahi with Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning, lemon juice and brown butter over veggie rice pilaf with green salads. Good stuff.

I'm making asian braised short ribs in the pressure cooker to be paired with ramen cole slaw, in a tortilla....viola, asian burrito. Yum!

Flat fish, in the oven.
ibhdEDrHjp4krI.JPG

I made another chicken roulade. This time it was smeared down with pesto and topped with bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese and a splash of milk. Also some ramono-parmesan rice with the leftover peas & carrots from Friday and corn on the cob. I also made a box mix of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits and Joe said, "These are good, but your yeast rolls are better by FAR baby." I have to admit I was grinning from ear to ear. ;)

Back
Top Bottom