November 1st, 2013 - What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady, your salad looks so good, I love Greek salads. :yum:

Harry, I pretty much agree that one can almost never have too much garlic. 40 clove garlic chicken is one of my faves. I also like to mush up the cloves on a good toasted bread. :yum:
if you have any cloves left over chezza(doubtful!!)save them & chuck them in with the cooked spuds,next time you are making mash...boy oh boy:yum:!!

Could this have been cooked in your tagine and how do you think it might have come out differently?
you could,but the idea of the foil is that it seals the food in the pot & prevents moisture loss whilst creating almost a "pressure cooker" effect while the pot is in the oven.this "drives" the garlic & other flavours into the meat.tagines conserve moisture but aren't sealed vessels to that extent.tagines,imho(and laila's too,she is moroccon so should know!!)are at their best on the hob.they can be used in the oven but that negates the cooling/condensing effect of the "hat" as it takes on the same temperature as the base,the food & the oven.it then becomes no different to any other casserole dish.
in short(at last eh pac:rolleyes:?)the flavours & textures wouldn't be as good imo:chef:!!

Last edited:
ahhh... I didn't catch that it went into the oven. You need to hit that space key once in a while for people like me that like to read too fast :LOL:

ahhh... I didn't catch that it went into the oven. You need to hit that space key once in a while for people like me that like to read too fast :LOL:

ha!you've known me long enough now mate,to know punctuation,shift keys,space bars & harry don't mix:rolleyes::LOL:!!

This morning I had no clue what I was going to prepare for dinner, then the inspiration sledge hammer hit me.

We had baby lima beans, parslied Yukon gold potatoes, herb-crusted pork roast (small loin), iced tea and more of the yummy wedding/anniversary cake.

I did the pork roast like one I'd cooked recently, all covered with kosher salt and herbes de provence. Omigosh! Just as good as the first one.

By a small pork roast, do you mean a pork tenderloin?

Back
Top Bottom