November 1st, 2013 - What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What's everyone having tonight for supper?! Guess since no one has started this thread up, that I'll take part in the pleasure :rolleyes:

Not exactly sure what we will be having tonight. We've got a lot of leftover food in the fridge that needs to be gotten rid of. Meatloaf, Pizza, Scalloped Potatoes. So possibly leftovers.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween Evening ♥

I have a lot of leftovers to use up, too.
And a container of something orange looking that I've been wondering what it is...

Dinner is so easy I might have it for lunch too. Leftover chicken/stuffing casserole, (not much more gravy.) Cranberry sauce, easy. Open a can of whole berry sauce, grate in as much fresh ginger as you like, I like lots. It is even tastier a day later. The only decision I need make today ( food-wise) is which vegetable or salad I get to make.

Ugh, I just rolled out of bed about a half hour ago. I'm still deciding what to wear let alone what to leave for dinner.

I've been thinking of leaving a pot roast for the family one of my evening shifts, but I'm not sure everyone is home tonight. I might just tell Ken to eat leftovers and do nothing for dinner!

It will be left-overs here too tonight...frozen fish pie, using last week's haddock remains.

GARLIC.i like garlic a lot & i like a lot of garlic.as steve k mentioned yesterday when confronted with my half a cow & half a pig double cheeseburger,i also eat healthily:ermm:,most of the time that is!!.i also like food that has lots of flavour,is quick & easy to prepare & cook,smells wonderful & never fails to please all who sample it's delights.hmmm.....:idea:!! it has to be,it can only be harry's chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.my take on an ancient rustic provencal dish.succulent skinless chicken joints,meltingly delicious garlic cloves for eating mashed onto chunks of bread,olive oil,celery,parsley,peppers,black pepper,sea salt.lemon wedges...what is there not to fall in love with??so,i took the half a marks & spencers oakham chicken out of the freezer to defrost & commenced to cook:
harry's chicken with 40(well 30 actually)cloves of garlic.2010 cotes catalanes grenache smoother & darker than a french onion sellers beret.thank you.the best bit is when you take the pot out of the oven,take it to the table & peel back the foil...mon dieu l'arome!!

Attachments

• CHICKEN & GARLIC 001.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 001.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 161
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 002.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 002.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 164
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 003.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 003.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 164
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 004.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 004.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 160
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 005.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 005.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 164
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 006.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 006.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 163
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 007.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 007.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 156
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 008.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 008.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 155
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 009.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 009.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 164
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 012.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 012.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 156
  • CHICKEN & GARLIC 017.JPG
    CHICKEN & GARLIC 017.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I've been keeping up with the leftovers in anticipation of today's shopping spree. I'm done, but I'm whupped!

I'm planning on whatever I can fill my belly with that doesn't involve cooking.

Relaxing and resting my aching back, having a couple of beers.

This morning I had no clue what I was going to prepare for dinner, then the inspiration sledge hammer hit me.

We had baby lima beans, parslied Yukon gold potatoes, herb-crusted pork roast (small loin), iced tea and more of the yummy wedding/anniversary cake.

I did the pork roast like one I'd cooked recently, all covered with kosher salt and herbes de provence. Omigosh! Just as good as the first one.

Stirling is off to his role playing game and brought the leftovers of yesterday's Indian meal.

I wanted something savoury and easy. So I made what we call a Greek salad around here: tomatoes, sliced onion, feta, oregano, and doused in olive oil and there have to be some kalamata olives too. Then I fried up a cold boiled potato in some bacon fat. That really hit the spot.

20131101_202015.jpg

Grilled ham and provolone on sourdough and a bowl of tomato soup. Tired tonight and happy to see Friday - it's been a long week. :)

taxlady, your salad looks so good, I love Greek salads. :yum:

Harry, I pretty much agree that one can almost never have too much garlic. 40 clove garlic chicken is one of my faves. I also like to mush up the cloves on a good toasted bread. :yum:

Starting the pre-vacation 'fridge cleaning. We finished off last night's chicken mushroom soup, then Himself had the bit of plain leftover ziti from last week's mac & cheese with a topping of the last of a jar of ready-made sauce. I'm full so we will be done eating for the night! :LOL: Well, unless I get a bit hungry again. We still have a lot of mushrooms that need to be used (I forgot I had a pound when I bought a pound :ermm: ) so the midnight snack might be a small plate of scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms. The (hopefully) rest of them will go into the kale with some bacon tomorrow.

Really didn't feel like cooking tonight, but finally whipped up some Mexican inspired omelets, but it was pretty late by the time we ate :/

This morning I had no clue what I was going to prepare for dinner, then the inspiration sledge hammer hit me.

We had baby lima beans, parslied Yukon gold potatoes, herb-crusted pork roast (small loin), iced tea and more of the yummy wedding/anniversary cake.

I did the pork roast like one I'd cooked recently, all covered with kosher salt and herbes de provence. Omigosh! Just as good as the first one.
sounds darn tasty katie! talking about spuds,which happen to be one of my fav veggies,i bought some russet potatoes for the first time this year.they were grown over here by albert bartlett famous for his "rooster" spuds & i believe you can only call them idaho russets if they are grown in idaho?
anyway,what a belter of a spud that is!!.absolutely delicious & great texture too imo.made great chips(fries):yum:!!

Stirling is off to his role playing game and brought the leftovers of yesterday's Indian meal.

I wanted something savoury and easy. So I made what we call a Greek salad around here: tomatoes, sliced onion, feta, oregano, and doused in olive oil and there have to be some kalamata olives too. Then I fried up a cold boiled potato in some bacon fat. That really hit the spot.
greek salad & bacon fat fried spuds...medal winning grub mate:yum:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom