November 20, 2018, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Paul Prudhomme's dirty rice and Emeril's collard greens. Not a pretty picture, but very, very tasty.

Cleaning out the fridge tonight, before I leave town for a week (or more). So, grazing on leftovers and perishables.

CD

Paul Prudhomme's dirty rice and Emeril's collard greens. Not a pretty picture, but very, very tasty.

Food doesn't have to look good to taste good! I recently had some Peruvian blue potatoes mashed. Looked like sludge but very tasty.

We did fast food tonight. We're leaving in the morning for a quick trip to Duck, NC and the fridge is bare. Didn't want to cook and have leftovers sitting the fridge while we're gone. Taco Bell is at the end of the street so we just popped in there and got some tacos and salads.

I prematurely thawed a turkey breast roast, so I cooked that in the CP and made gravy.

The "Usual"

One large Zuch, 1/3 medium Onion, one small chunk fresh Cauliflower, tablespoon oil in ceramic frypan, zingled about until caramelized, 1/4 can Cream of Mushroom, no-salt, garlic powder, pepper, then,

the crowning touch: 2-5 oz. cans turkey meat. Cooked down nice and thick,
fit for a king!

Back on firm ground after our two week cruise to Hawaii and back, so it was time to open the kitchen, and outdoor grill tonight. The food on the ship was really beautiful and elegant, but flavorless and bland in our opinion. After a few days, everything tasted the same.

Anyway, tonight I grilled some spicy chicken wings and a grill basket of our medley of favorite spicy marinated veggies (mushrooms,zucchini,onion,peppers).
Simple comfort food for us, and so flavorful! :yum:
After Thanksgiving, good Mexican food will be on the menu!!!

East, west, home's best. :cool:

Finished out TG shopping and stopped in at our fave pizza and grinders place for lunch..

We both had the Alfredo soup and 1/4 grinders.. I had the Italian and Jeannie had the Cubano.. Great meal..

Apple pie was enjoyed while watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix..

Ross

Pre-Game Warmup.... Took a Turkey Thigh out....

..Decided that the Turkey Thigh was just too much for one serving, so I split it; Will use the big chunk later, Seared and baked the part with the bone..

Last night's Baked Turkey Thigh, Bacon-Mashed , Gravy, Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and a Baby Spinach / Spring mix under Balsamic Vinaigrette...

Salad, Spring Mix with Balsamic.jpg

Turkey Thigh, Bacon Mash Gravy, Sprouts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom