Nutella - heaven on an apple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
OK - I admit it, I had never eaten Nutella until today, not in my entire life. Today a friend served me a snack of sliced apples with Nutella to dip into.

YUM!

I'm hooked and now have a brand new jar on my counter and a desire to experiment. What other great ways are there to use this chocolaty goodness?

Oh my goodness Janet, now you are speaking my language. Let me go find our big long thread about its uses and I'll give you the link.

I've also got a Nutella cake recipe and I'll post that too.

First of all though, make peanut butter cookies with nutella instead of PB.

Janet,
next time you grill, try it on any fruit you like, my favorite is either pineapple or peaches.
cj

You asked for it Janet...we LOVE Nutella around here.

Nutella cookies
Nutella Cake - this is awesome too.
Nutella Chat

OK, I could go on, but you get the drift. The last one was a fun thread. Oh how we love Nutella. Honestly, could it get much better? Chocolate spread that is actually GOOD for you? WOOHOO!!

Thanks for the links - I see that I should have gotten a larger jar :)

It's even great on plain soft white bread! Thank goodness it is too expensive to eat as often as I would like! If you don't have anything to spread it on or to dip into it, it is also good on a spoon! :mrgreen:

:)Barbara

Anyone who tries to convince you this stuff is healthy is getting kickbacks.

nutella_nutrition.jpg

1 jar = 2,000 calories.

You might as well just spread it directly onto your thighs. :blink:

John

1 jar = 2,000 calories.

John

Healthy? Nah - it tastes to good :)

I suspect if spread it directly on my thighs, it might draw flies or maybe husband ... hmm...:ohmy: :rolleyes:

Make It

You CAN make this yourself without too much effort. Do a Google search for make nutella . The next step is to experiment with different nuts and oils to vary fat content.

I happen to be very fond of hazelnuts , but have had interesting results with walnuts and almonds.

Liqueurs and whiskeys add another flavor level. Play with spices, too.

Heh heh heh...we buy the double jars at Costco!!

That's what I was going to say! Rather inexpensive that way!

Dh is from Istanbul and like the rest of Europe (he's from the European side of Istanbul), he knows it from his childhood. It was his peanut butter.

Nutritionally, it's actually better than your run-of-the-mill Jif or Skippy. It's all natural and doesn't contain hydrogenated oil. We like it here, but we eat it sparingly, just as we do peanut butter. They both contain a lot of sugar.

It is AWESOME in crepes.

That's what I was going to say! Rather inexpensive that way!

Dh is from Istanbul and like the rest of Europe (he's from the European side of Istanbul), he knows it from his childhood. It was his peanut butter.

Nutritionally, it's actually better than your run-of-the-mill Jif or Skippy. It's all natural and doesn't contain hydrogenated oil. We like it here, but we eat it sparingly, just as we do peanut butter. They both contain a lot of sugar.

It is AWESOME in crepes.

Yep, its comparable to peanut butter in all those nutritional aspects. I was vaguely referencing that chocolate is not very good for you but with the addition of the nut protein Nutella is better for you.

Frankly I don't care, I just love the stuff!

who cares if is not healthy - we all have to have a pleasure that is bad for us.
Give me a jar of it and a spoon I happy ---
I love it on fruit and dip shortbread cookies into it.
spread it on a brownie--- love it love it

I tried making rice crispy treats with it once, but it was a failed experiment believe it or not. That does not mean I will not try again though.

I think this came up before, but I will post a way we like it again. We like to use crescent rolls rolled out and put nutella all over then roll up and bake. Sprinkle with a small amount of confectioner's sugar while still a bit warm.

nutella_nutrition.jpg

1 jar = 2,000 calories.

John

The same could be said for many things mentioned here at DC! Who said anything about healthy?

I'm betting it's way healthier than a deep fried candy bar.

Back
Top Bottom