October 6, 2015, what are you fixin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I started this Ropa Vieja on Sunday. Here is the finished product!:yum: With some black beans and rice.

36788-albums309-picture6288.jpg

Home alone for dinner (wife is out with the girls), so a cheeseburger with roasted potatoes (red potatoes tossed with olive oil and fresh rosemary from the garden).

Pan-seared pork chops with mustard cream sauce, Twice-baked potatoes and salad. Not all on one plate ;)

Attachments

• 1444180379917.jpg
    1444180379917.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 203
Taco Tuesday!

Nice plates, Craig and GG!

Last edited:
Nice plates!

We're just snacking tonight as we had a wonderful lunch at Red Lobster...Yep, Red Lobster!

I had a perfectly seasoned and cooked "wood fired" combo. The plate came with a bed of garlic butter crisp tender green beans (hold the red potato slices), and arranged on top was a small slipper lobster, several perfectly fired grilled shrimp, and a little piece of also wood fired salmon. All was slathered in garlic butter sauce perfectly seasoned. I sure was pleasantly surprised, as it's always a test of the meal if I could do it better. Not this time!
SousChef had Lobster Pizza and oyster shooters.
We were both very happy.

To clear a statement, they were oysters on the half shell, NOT shooters. They were quite large, but a little disappointing in taste. We got spoiled up in Seattle, where we went for Kayelle's birthday, we had Hood Canal oysters among others which were delicious.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Red Lobster. I remember my dear now deceased mother being furious with me for stopping off at RL to have lobster fest with a girlfriend instead of coming straight home (2 hour drive after a 2 hour flight) for her really nasty seafood lasagna that had been twice reborn/frozen.

Nice pics, Craig and GG!

K and Sous, I really miss the fabulous oysters when I lived in the Great Northwest....OMGosh. :yum: We used to grill them on the half shell with jalapeno butter and I'll never forget them.

Tonight's dinner was a loaded up omelette - chopped bell peppers, chives, ham and cheese, with hash browns and watermelon on the side.

Nice looking and sounding dinners everyone!

Tonight I made garlic ginger chicken with sesame noodles. Subbed spaghetti for the yakisoba noodles. And sesame green beans. Can't believe the green beans are still producing in the garden. And a double handful of fall harvest raspberries with a splash of milk. Pink milk. Yum.

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, homemade bread, lemon-vanilla cake with orange buttercream frosting.
The chicken was dipped in egg/milk then rolled in flour/breadcrumbs.

We all sure eat and cook good around here, don't we? Lots of evidence above...

I baked up the cod that was supposed to be yesterday's supper. Seasoned it all over with Penzeys "Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles", a freebie jar from our last trip. Finished off the last dozen of snow crab knuckles, cooked up a package of Carolina Long Grain and Wild Rice, and blanched asparagus and gave it a good Parma-Reggi snowfall. No leftovers tonight! :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-10-06 20.23.48.jpg
    2015-10-06 20.23.48.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 170
Our "daughter" Kay came back today for a few days and since I was back in pain made a simple dinner of salami/havarti sandwiches with potato chips and raw veggies. It was a real treat and very tasty!

At lunch (main meal), TB had steak with Caesar salad and tomatoes. I had Caesar salad with some lean steak sliced on top! Two versions of the same meal :LOL:

We all sure eat and cook good around here, don't we? Lots of evidence above...

I baked up the cod that was supposed to be yesterday's supper. Seasoned it all over with Penzeys "Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles", a freebie jar from our last trip. Finished off the last dozen of snow crab knuckles, cooked up a package of Carolina Long Grain and Wild Rice, and blanched asparagus and gave it a good Parma-Reggi snowfall. No leftovers tonight! :yum:

CG that looks and sound amazing! So do all the other meals today!

I started up a batch of cabbage soup in the Crock-Pot, will have some in a little while. It smells grand! Will have with some parmesan.

For lunch, Shrek cooked me a hamburger patty with butter and Worcestershire sauce over sauteed cabbage and onions.

Back
Top Bottom