Octopus.. Have you tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, Maverick! I didn't mean to imply that all those things are rubbery - I just get the same gag reaction when I try to eat them. Mussels and clams are difficult too. But anchovies, now those I will eat!

Ahhh, OK. I love mussels and clams, but only hot and preferably in a nice sauce! Cold I get the same gag reflex as you do. Um... anchovies.... yick? LOL

Despite the many claims of being an aphrodisiac, I just cannot bring myself to try em, and I had the opportunity to do so in New Orleans several times. It is one of those things where I think I am going to have to be pretty darn drunk before I can get up the gumption to try em.
And I can't remember the last time I got drunk so thats not looking too promising there! LOL.

Well, according to Alton Brown on an episode of Iron Chef America, all those claims of oysters being an aphrodesiac are not true. And for some reason I would bet that Alton, as wierd as he may be, gets his facts straight.

Well, according to Alton Brown on an episode of Iron Chef America, all those claims of oysters being an aphrodesiac are not true. And for some reason I would bet that Alton, as wierd as he may be, gets his facts straight.

alton was just trying to send the chairman a message. (to stop sending him platters of oysters, and his hotel key... :cool:)

Never trust a man that can do a back flip from a standing position...
:-p
And no way would I ever let him 'ala' my cuisine!!
:LOL:

OK, so some things on the show I do like to make fun of but i still enjoy watching it more than most of the others on FN!

You guys are terrible! But I have to say that I was not surprised when I heard that the "chairman" is just an actor who knows a little kung foo or whatever! At least the one in Japan was real.

Back
Top Bottom