Oddest Food Combination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While visiting my uncle in NH when I was a kid, he made us breakfast....pancakes that he added strawberry yogurt & spam to.....not my favorite.

I like to take a bite of an apple & then pop a candy corn in my mouth...it tastes like a caramel apple. Whoppers & red licorice taste good together too.

As for peanut butter...I think spicy peanut sauce tastes great on everything.

These are definitely not weird...I am too picky to eat anything that remotely sounds like it does not go together. One of my faves when I was pregnant was bologna & Lays potato chip sandwiches w/mustard. My husband likes mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip) on his hot dogs along w/ketchup & mustard. Peanut butter & honey sandwiches are good, too....used to eat those when I was a kid.

fresh ground black pepper on strawberries is great.

As a kid I liked sardines and peanut butter on crackers...I still could probably do it, but why? sardines are quite nice with a garlic aioli instead. I guess I just don't do strange combos ... real ones are so satisfying.

This one goes back at least three generations, but only in my family so far as I can tell: toasted peanut butter and tomato sandwiches. I suppose if PB goes with bacon, then why not tomato? And as many people have pointed out PB works well with both savory and sweet things, as in Asian recipes.

Also, the flavors of rosemary and vanilla work together better than would be thought at first. I have used it in braising chicken thighs, as well as in biscuits. Both turned out well, again with a sort of sweet/savory combo working for it.

I love green olives with salmon, I put them in my salmon patties when i make them, or salmon and olives on ritz crackers. I like olives with all fish really. My mom made tartar sauce with mayo and chopped olives.
I also like mayo on bananas.
I love onion sandwiches..a thick slice of a big sweet onion on fresh bread with butter and a little salt. Have eaten those all my life..even as a little kid. :chef:

fresh ground black pepper on strawberries is great.

I agree on this one, specially if you add a little balsamic reduction.

My late mother got on a peanut butter sandwich kick when I was a teenager, pairing it with a lot of things. While radishes seemed to be her favourite, celery, potato chips, strawberries and liver also got rave reviews from her when pairing them individually with PB.

My DH loves cheese whiz and maple syrup on French Toast.

For me, I guess my wierdest food combo would have to be soya sauce on scrambled eggs with green onions. I am not an egg fan and growing up I was allergic to tomatoes (so no Ketchup). This was how Mom got me to eat eggs and I still like it today.

Back
Top Bottom