OFFICIAL Dinner Thread 10-2-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Tonight's dinner will be for picadillo over rice. I got this recipe from Serious Eats and it's labelled as Cuban picadillo. It contains red bell pepper in addition to the olives and raisins.

Just a thought on the meats used in picadillo. I would expect pork to be a more common choice for dishes from this region. I'm using a combination of beef and pork so I can clean out the freezer of some odds and ends.

I may try one cheese mixed in as well. Just because.

Top Round Roast

39817-albums888-picture7609.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll post to the OFFICIAL dinner thread, and I will accept no imitations or substitutes! :chef:

Mrs. T is out with the girls, so it's just me and doggy hanging out tonight. I'm having leftover picadillo with rice. The picadillo is Chef John's San Francisco version.

Duchess quiche with watermelon and honeydew.

Attachments

• 2018-10-02 18.34.44.jpg
    2018-10-02 18.34.44.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 111
You might guess I'm doing Banh Mi sandwiches with the leftover pork loin. I have the shaved onion, daikon radish, carrot marinating and I'll be toasting the bolillo rolls soon.

I got a good deal on chicken tenderloins, which are apparently the best part of a chicken breast, and I read were good for frying. So, I breaded and fried them. I gotta' say, they were pretty good. Very moist and tender for white meat chicken. I seasoned them with salt and pepper right out of the fryer, and they were fine without any kind of sauce.

Leftover mashed red taters on the side.

CD

I had some bits and pieces of veggies that needed using up, so I minced them, added a pound of ground beef, a diced onion and some garlic and made pasta sauce. Served it over spaghetti with a green salad and a garlic knot. 20181002_203243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom