Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday 2011-10-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy anniversary Bucky!!

Our dinner: Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (oiled and heavily seasoned, pan seared in cast iron pan till nicely browned then pan placed in preheated oven (425°F) and baked for 25 minutes). Sides were mini fusilli topped with tomato sauce (EVOO, red wine, dry spices, oregano, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground pepper and fresh basil) and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses, and salad (red and green butter lettuce, vine tomato, mushroom, black olives, shredded cheddar, roasted seasoned sliced almonds, McCormick Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch toppings) with Italian dressing.

img_1057927_0_53c0280fe4b5cc928c274731951a14e2.jpg

Beautiful, Pac! How did the Creole work with them?

Shoot, lost my post... :mad: Hope I'm not posting twice.

Thank you.
And very nice, thanks for asking. I think I'm finally nailing down my garlic parm wings. Now I just need to work on my hot ones. Maybe try some ghost peppers or something.

I don't know what to call what I just made--I took about 450 g. of rotini, cooked that in boiling water with a bit of EVOO, dried basil, marjoram. While that was cooking, I steamed about 7-8 shrimp on top of the noodles--drained them. But in the meantime, I took the last 2 T of the roasted tomato paste, diced about 15 romas (a little bigger than an XLg egg), tossed those together with fresh preshed garlic, grated onion, 1 small jalapeno, chopped fine, fresh basil, marjoram, oregano, a few rosemary leaves, S&P, a splash of olive oil, kosher salt (a dash) and freshly ground pepper, about 2 T of finely grated Asaigo cheese. Drained the pasta, tossed the pasta and the steamed shrimp into the ingredients together, added the juice of one fresh lemon wedge and then I added about 1/2 tsp lime-infused olive oil, S&P to taste, hot red pepper flakes,about 1 tsp of capers, and topped it with more grated Asaigo cheese, fresh chopped herbs, and 2 reserved shrimp. OMG, am I glad that I have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. I have a couple of pics, but I'm recharging the batteries for my digital camera and can't share, except to say, darned nice combo of flavors, even though the dish didn't include any FRESH eggs. I didn't think to measure anything--it was throw-together, but it was REALLY tasty. And for a fast, throw together dish using stuff in the freezer, pantry, and the spices/herbs on hand...oh, I sprinkled just a bit of white truffle salt on top and another little drizzle of the lime-infused olive oil on top of the additional grated asaigo cheese. I ate it warm-not hot. hmm....maybe I'll just call it "too tired to cook" pasta.

Last edited:
Fried rice with bacon, ribs, leftover tortellini, and some green salad. I think we have NEARLY cleaned out the fridge now.

TATTRAT said:
Cicharones con yucca y pupas con frijole y queso. Solo quiero cerveza frio, y dormir!

I got the beans, cheese, beer and sleep.

Cold beer and sleep sounds good. Not sure about the pupas.

I got the beans, cheese, beer and sleep.

Cicharon= Fried Pork, some cultures it means more like pork rinds, others, it's like fried chunks of pork shoulder. It is all good. REALLY good.

Here it is with Mote, the large corn there is a thread going on about
800px-ChicharronMote.JPG

Pupusas, they are like stuffed tortillas. . .maseca, being the tortilla. Stuffed with a wide variety of fillings, I like the Bean and cheese, plain cheese, and pork and cheese the best. Served with pickled onions, shredded cabbage and a salsa rojo,not spicy, not sweet, just a nice balanced red sauce.

20080912PupusasCU.jpg

We were planning dinner out to celebrate our anniversary, but DH hadn't felt well all day and had to work later than he had anticipated...so I made chicken veggie noodle soup and that was dinner. I guess maybe we will celebrate next weekend ;-)

So hey Bucky was it your anniversary too? Congrats! 25 years for us!

happy anniversary bunny.

ours was monday the 10th, our 8th anniversary. although we'll have been together for 20 years this november.

yer darn tootin'.
;)

i remember the day we met like it was yesterday. what she wore, how great she smelled, the height and number of colours in her hair (this was new jersey circa 1991afterall)

but really, anniversaries are just numbers. it's just simple math. like the people whole set their alarm clocks ahead.
do they enjoy doing simple math the second they wake up everyday?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom