"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Oh My Gosh! (This one's for real!)

I went in to work today, to start prepping my line in anticipation for re-opening the A la Carte menu tomorrow night (we shut down for a 10 days to deep-clean). I'm happily prepping away, when the Chef gives me a copy of the new menu that's going live next week.

Ok, I'm flipping through it, looking for new menu items coming from my line. I start spotting them, and there's a lot! I have three new apptizers. I'm wasn't surprised to see the Lobster Shiitake Gratin app that I did several weeks ago. That one was a really big hit (the Chef came up with it, I made it). I was again, not surprised to see my Beef Bourginonne on the appetizer menu. That was my idea from the get-go, plus my cooking. However, I was really surprised to see my Baked Fromage (on the appetizer board) was also included on the menu! Sweet!!

That makes three menu additions that are my ideas (the two mentioned, plus a sandwich I started making last year).

In addition, there are many new menu items that I'm going to have to make. Off the top of my head, a Lobster "Mac and Cheese", a 4-cheese Fusilli Bake, and a cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Master Chef

Wow, good for you Allen!! That is fantastic. It all sounds really good too!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
I went in to work today, to start prepping my line in anticipation for re-opening the A la Carte menu tomorrow night (we shut down for a 10 days to deep-clean). I'm happily prepping away, when the Chef gives me a copy of the new menu that's going live next week.

Ok, I'm flipping through it, looking for new menu items coming from my line. I start spotting them, and there's a lot! I have three new apptizers. I'm wasn't surprised to see the Lobster Shiitake Gratin app that I did several weeks ago. That one was a really big hit (the Chef came up with it, I made it). I was again, not surprised to see my Beef Bourginonne on the appetizer menu. That was my idea from the get-go, plus my cooking. However, I was really surprised to see my Baked Fromage (look on the appetizer board for that recipe) was also included on the menu! Sweet!!

That makes three menu additions that are my ideas (the two mentioned, plus a sandwich I started making last year).

In addition, there are many new menu items that I'm going to have to make. Off the top of my head, a Lobster "Mac and Cheese", a 4-cheese Fusilli Bake, and a cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.
Good for you Now go and kick some butt.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
First of all, Allen, it sounds as though your expertise is respected as evidenced by the number of dishes that are "yours." Kudos to you. You are being noticed.

As for the rest, I hope you have your comfortable shoes on and have your sleeves rolled up. You have a lot of work ahead of you. Best wishes.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Thanks all. Yup, I do have a lot of work ahead of me.

My goal in life is to serve folks good food. I now have a secondary goal, which is to do everything I can to bring more folks into the club to eat. We've been loosing business the past few months, for various reasons. Some of those, I can correct. Some I can't.

I only have two words. "ACTION STATIONS!"
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Your hard work is paying off. That's great!

OK, now I'm hungry.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
Cook

Please tell me you are not putting sugar in the cornbread of your cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.

Sorry, but being from the South, I shudder when I hear sugar and cornbread in the same sentence.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
Head Chef

Congratulations AllenOK, you the Chef - way to go!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Congratulations Allen!! I could go some of the lobster right now... it is almost dinner time here and I am beginning to salivate!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzalgud View Post
Sorry, but being from the South, I shudder when I hear sugar and cornbread in the same sentence.
LOL That is why I rarely ever eat cornbread anymore, unless I make it. I don't like the sugarless southern cornbread!

Allen--You have a lot to be proud of! Good job!

Barbara