OK - I cheated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the list for the rest of the month of January 2019:

Jan. 21 - Nat'l Granola Bar Day
Jan. 22 - Nat'l Blond Brownie Day
Jan. 23 - Nat'l Pie Day
Jan. 24 - Nat'l Peanut Butter Day &
Jan. 24 - Beer Can Appreciation Day
Jan. 25 - Nat'l Irish Coffee Day &
Jan. 25 - Nat'l Florida Day
Jan. 26 - Nat'l Green Juice Day &
Jan. 26 - Nat'l Peanut Brittle Day
Jan. 27 - Nat'l Chocolate Cake Day
Jan. 28 - Nat'l Blueberry Pancake Day
Jan. 29 - Nat'l Corn Chip Day
Jan. 30 - Nat'l Croissant Day
Jan. 31 - Let's make this our own Nat'l Day. How about Nat'l Favorite Spice Day?

Last edited:
Oohhh, today is Nat'l Blond Brownie Day. I know most of us would rather have Chocolate Brownies, but it's not their day. lol Just for the record, here is a recipe from the Miami Herold back in 1989. Enjoy!!!

Blond Brownies

2 cups A P flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Grease a 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan. Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; stir until combined. Stir dry ingredients and pecans into sugar mixture. Spread in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into bars. Makes 48

Nat'l CHEESE Day !!!!

Bucky baby, whatch' gonna do?

I was able to scarf down 3 types of cheese. American, cheddar, and Boursin.

I just bought a wheel of brie to bake and serve on a pool of raspberry compote with crackers for scooping/scraping.

I was able to scarf down 3 types of cheese. American, cheddar, and Boursin.

I just bought a wheel of brie to bake and serve on a pool of raspberry compote with crackers for scooping/scraping.

Sorry, I couldn't tell you what DH ate yesterday. He was always in the cheese drawer. lol That brie sounds good even to me. lol

PS I just finished reading that old thread where they interviewed you. Interesting finding out all that info about my baby. lol

Lol, I forgot about that. We should start one about you.

I just looked at my personal page and saw it's had 31k visits. I guess being cheesey is intetesting to people.

Lol, ok, I won't. I just read through it again and besides laughing at some old stuff, and missing Bolas, Harry, and more recently The Chief, I also remembered some bad blood that can be created when someone is in the spotlight.

Wait, I thought that was on 3/14 every year.:huh:

CD
That's what I was thinking too. Isn't that spelled "Pi Day", but celebrated with pie?

pie-day-at-Kitchen-208.jpg

It's here - National Pie Day!!!

I am going to go out on a limb and post that DH bought a big bag of Key Limes. Guess what he said he would make lol. I hope he has time to follow through with it. Will let you know later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom