On average how many people do you cook for daily/weekly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My week is about 50/50 ... half the time I cook for just two - Hubby and myself ... the other half I have my best friend & her husband over - making us four. It's fun to have friends over to share meals & feasts. About once a month I have a dinner party for about 8 friends ... usually with a theme. I am truly blessed to have the time to do this because I'm a 'Stay-At-Home-Wife' (formerly - when the kids were young - a 'Stay-At-Home-Mom').

I cook for my family of 5 daily, plus any friends that happen to be around at dinner time.

Five people every day. Three of which each the same thing, then my husband is on this diet creation of rice and beans he insists on eating for dinner every night and then my son, who is 12 yrs old does the usual kids meal, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, grill cheese, cereal or sometimes just cheese and crackers.

I just have myself and my daughter and half the time I cook for both of us and only I eat. It's actually getting old that every time I cook, she goes out and every time I don't cook it seems to be the night she's home saying "what's for dinner?" I think last night was the first time in a couple weeks that I didn't cook and she didn't want dinner.

In the winter, for the most part it's just the two of us. In the summer we host open houses here frequently, and I never know how many will a) show up and b) stay for dinner. I have to make my recipes EXTREMELY flexible!

4 grown-ups and two kids, one of which is only 4 months old, so she probably doesn't count. Her mother is breastfeeding and eats enough for two, so maybe I should count the baby after all:LOL: I usually have a big Sunday dinner so my other daughter and her boyfriend can join us and get a homecooked meal.

Right now it varies between 1 and 3. Some nights when DH is teaching it's just me but I'll make something that he can warm up when he gets home. Sometimes the older son will stop by and I'll add enough for him. Soon, the younger kid will be home for spring break so will have to cook for 3 pretty consistently then. Guess on average though it's just for 2.

I cook for four on average. It's just my husband and I, so we eat lots of leftovers needless to say!

I have to plan for as many as 10, but usually it's just 8 of us, as the older girls come and go with jobs and school so much I can't count on them being here.

DBTRS, don't be embarassed I also cook for one. The best thing about cooking for one is that you have plenty of leftovers and you don't have to share them. :)

For the most part I cook for one also. Lots of leftovers gets boring. I'm trying real hard to learn to cook for at least 2. I have been checking out web sites and gathering recipes. Found a lot of new (to me) recipes also. I plan on starting my 'new' style of cooking tomorrow.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom