On the menu for Oct. 22 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I am already thinking about supper. We are going to have fried eggs, ham steak and I already boiled some potatoes with the skins on so I can make some hash browns.

Sounds really good JoAnn. I used to love breakfast for dinner. Unfortunately I can't have ham or eggs and am limited on starches. But I will live vicariously through you today! :)

It is a really cold and blustery day so I am making butternut squash soup. I will serve some salad with it and will throw the last of the turkey taco meat in TB's for some good protein.

Sounds really good JoAnn. I used to love breakfast for dinner. Unfortunately I can't have ham or eggs and am limited on starches. But I will live vicariously through you today! :)

It is a really cold and blustery day so I am making butternut squash soup. I will serve some salad with it and will throw the last of the turkey taco meat in TB's for some good protein.

I promise that I will enjoy my meal in your honor. I wish you could share it with me.

Probably a chicken soft taco, and the rest of the guacamole and pico de gallo from yesterday.

I've started a batch of beef barley soup with mushrooms for dinner tonight. SO picked up a baguette to go along with it.

I nuked up a couple half-slices of bacon yesterday for garnish. They smelled so good Himself and I will be having BLTs for supper. Aw, I should have saved some of my avocado for my sandwich. :(

It's a penetrating damp today, so I'll probably made some sort of soup as a prelude. Cauliflower is easy, but I have a taste for onion soup. I like the onions nicely caramelized. If I decide on that, I need to be slicing the tear-balls right now...

Looks like the Birthday Girl will be having a wee bit of a special meal tonight. It all looks good. :yum: Enjoy!

I'm having trouble pulling this one together...have some salsa left over and a ready to go avocado, may do some hashed brown potatoes, a couple of fried eggs, topped with salsa and slices avocado, or red chile. Have chocolate cake AND Mexican wedding cookies for dessert. Yes, I have dessert covered.;)

Tackling the last of the leftovers. So tonight will be lasagna, steamed asparagus, fresh homemade baguette with garlic butter, iced tea, and more of that yummy apple pie. Tomorrow we'll start fresh with the menu.

Broccoli Rabe sauteed in Olive oil and a boatload of garlic, tossed with sauteed b/s Chicken thigh chunks, sweet red peppers and onions served over whole grain penne pasta (we need to up our fiber, that whole LDL/HDL thingy)... I find that the Barilla brand whole grain/wheat pasta are our favorites.

Sounds like my kind of place, I noticed on the menu that they serve CHILDREN TO GO !:ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Wishing you and the Ogre of your dreams a great night on the town!

Tonight it's pan fried pork chops, cabbage salad and mashed yellow turnip!

Yes, Ogres try not to eat children in public, best in a Kiddie Bag and eaten in front of the TV. Restaurants are starting to take the needs of Ogres into account.:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 182
Tonight is chuck roast night. I cut a $12.74 chuck roast in half ($6.99 lb), froze the other half and marinated this half overnight in some McCormick's Pot Roast packet mix (great mix). Easy to prepare meal. The veggies took minutes to toss into my little 1.5 qt. casserole dish with cover. I'm about to start cooking it, 350F for 2 hours. I used bigger chunks of veggies this time so they don't shrink so much. Smells delicious while cooking. :yum:

chuckroast.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom