One thing you will NOT eat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had chocolate covered ants and bees once.. they we not so horrid.

I love liver and heart.

Weirdness runs in my family.

While I obviously haven't tried everything on the planet yet, there are 5 things that so far I refuse to consume:

brains
sweetbreads
raw oysters
undercooked eggs
raw sea urchin

I love cooked oysters & eat well-done eggs, so obviously it's pretty much a texture issue with me.

I think that another thing I'd toss on my list would be the Asian delicacy, bird's nest (as in bird's nest soup). Something about the idea of bird saliva just don't get my appetite up :-p

pdswife said:
I had chocolate covered ants and bees once.. they we not so horrid.

One of the first jobs that I ever had was working in a candy store and in that store they sold suckers (lollipops) with worms and scorpions in them. Both sold so well we often ran out of stock. I never tried on though, I'd much rather stick to what's in the middle of a Tootsie Pop :LOL:

CharlieD said:
Why duck? Did you have bad expirience with it?
Long story, but, to make it short, I had a pet duck, my grandmother cooked it and tried to tell me it was chicken, I was about 6 then and still refuse to eat duck:LOL:

kadesma

I am not to squemish, but Durian makes my stomach turn, ewwwwwwwww...but like alot of revolting things, it is prized in other cultures.

Or, how could I forget, Balut...<shivers>, it is just plain wrong...

LIVER!!!! My mother tried to tell my siblings and I that it was good for us and that it was "steaK" and we kept retching over it anyway ( she still tried to force us to eat it--no way)------then as a biology lab assistant in college I had to puree liver for the organic chemistry classes for lab experiments on the synthesis of proteins, amino acids, etc.,--the retching while doing this job went to new heights but I needed the money so I hung in there. UGHHHHHH!! Then when I married my husband, who loved liver, I was never so glad to find out that it was so high in cholesterol and that high cholesterol ran in his family. Smiley face!!! Of course there was no way that I was going to serve him such a bad dish. Ha!!

Back
Top Bottom