Only 22 days til Christmas, What's For Dinner Thurs. Dec 3 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Lunch.jpg

We just finished lunch, DH's idea, take a steak, any one you've got in the deep freeze, I found a New York Strip. Sliced it REALLY thin while it was still partially frozen. Sliced some Sweet Onions, fried those in some Olive oil, then the meat, real hot pan, seared real quick, til until there was no more pink on it. S&P everything, layered it all on an Amoroso roll, topped with Provolone cheese, under the broiler to melt the cheese, served with Potato Chips and a Ginger Ale, MMMMMMMMMMM!!

So, umm, it's salad for us for dinner tonight :blush:

Howz'bout you guys, what's for dinner?

Looks good, K-girl!

Got some CP lasagna going on here.

Nice sammy, K-Girl!

I'm heading out to grocery shop. That means every bit of leftovers will come out of the fridge to make room for the new "residents". :LOL: There's a turkey leg, and a piece of fish, and some veggies and stuffing. If all else fails and we don't have enough leftovers, there's always scrambled eggs!

We're having a bison chuck roast. I've actually been putting off cooking it, because it seems like every attempt I've made with this cut has either turned out dry or tough (or both) due to the lack of marbling and connective tissue. I've even tried braising it, which gets it tender, but it still tastes dry and chalky.

Then a deer hunting friend suggested treating it more like a venison roast. His technique: wrap it in bacon to give it some fat and roast it low and slow in the oven.

I just took it out of the oven to rest and, by gum, it does look pretty moist and tender. :yum:

It's just 2:30 here and we're going into town in about an hour to have a visit with little Cheyenne (GD). She'll be up from her nap then, and we want to meet her new pet tortoise! We'll have an early dinner at our nearby favorite spot before we head back home to the country.

Fried pork chops finished with a cranberry flavored pan sauce. Baked potato and romaine salad.

ETA: did you know a package of fresh thyme from the store has a surprisingly long shelf life in the frig. I think the package I bought is almost a month old and all I do is close the rectangular package up and use as needed.

Last edited:
Good looking sandwich, kgirl. :yum:

Sandwich here this evening, too - a brat on a toasted sourdough roll, with cole slaw on the side.

We're having a bison chuck roast. I've actually been putting off cooking it, because it seems like every attempt I've made with this cut has either turned out dry or tough (or both) due to the lack of marbling and connective tissue. I've even tried braising it, which gets it tender, but it still tastes dry and chalky.

Then a deer hunting friend suggested treating it more like a venison roast. His technique: wrap it in bacon to give it some fat and roast it low and slow in the oven.

I just took it out of the oven to rest and, by gum, it does look pretty moist and tender. :yum:

Oooooo, I'd love to see a photo Steve, that's sounds amazing!

Chicken thighs with baked potatoes, steamed veggies and sliced tomatoes for TB (I am allergic to tomatoes!).

I didn't really have dinner, I just snacked on some of the junk food I bought today during my marathon monthly shopping.

I usually limit myself to a couple of regular goodies like fig newtons and gingersnaps, but today I went all out: Milk Duds, Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie mix, etc., etc.

I haven't made the brownies yet, but other than that I noshed out on the etc., stuff until I was stuffed!

I guess I'd been too good for too long so a splurge was in order. Hopefully this will keep me for another year!

Last edited:
Blackened steak (rib eye) salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, roasted tricolor fingerling potatoes, dry fried mushrooms.

Back
Top Bottom