"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 AM   #11
Head Chef

Jeannie wanted tostados so I made a small batch of black bean refritos, thawed a package of premade taco burger, chopped veggies and we were good to go..

Made a peach compote to serve on angel food cake, along with a whipped cream topping for dessert..

Ross

Old 09-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #12
Head Chef

Mom wanted cheese toast, so she got cheese toast. I thawed out a pre-made hamburger, put it in the frying pan with some sliced onions, made some gravy, and some steamed green beans and some garlic toast.

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Wings, hot and dry, Asian and a copy cat of Buffalo wild wings roasted Garlic Parm. the Garlic Parm was amazing. here is the recipe I used. http://www.hellthyjunkfood.com/parme...c-wing-recipe/
GA Home Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #14
Executive Chef

We have a bumper crop of green peppers this year. So I baked some green peppers stuffed with a little chopped zucchini, meatloaf recipe, topped with a sweet and sour tomato sauce.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Psycho-poodle was born on 9-11-2010, according to AKC records, so he is 8-years old as of yesterday. I had some bean, onion and cheese tacos -- veggie supper. Teddy got some cheese on his kibble for his birthday.

On 9-11-2001, I flew from LAX to DFW on the redeye, and got home around 2AM after a long week of work. I didn't know about the attacks until just after noon. I got up, made some coffee and checked my email... and WTF?

CD
Old 09-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #16
Cook

You folks are making me hungry! I'm a little under the weather this week so hitting the easy button. We had leftover rotisserie chicken (store bought) and canned green beans. I had leftover buffalo sauce from some wings last week I poured over my chicken. It's a little embarrassing for a cooking site...but it was good and my sick rear-end didn't have to cook!

We bought a house and moved in August just before 911. I had scheduled hernia surgery for after the move. I was still recovering from the surgery so pretty much loafing around the house (the recovery time was NOT as fast as they told me) on 9/11. I had just turned on the news with some morning coffee and at that point the first plane had hit...news was not yet even sure how big the plane was.

Then of course the day unfolded as we watched in horror and fear. We had fighter jets ripping over us at treetop level. At first we didn't know if they were ours, "was the U.S. under attack by another country?". Then we began to realize they were likely our fighters and then it was like "go get 'em!" Knowing we had top notch fighters in the sky. All day, just wondering if something was going to crash nearby or on us...thinking "it looks like they are only targeting cities"...then flight 93 was starting to be reported as crashed in the countryside...yep, a rural location was also not safe!

We had moved as I said, to a place where we knew no one. I had quit my job and established a business at the same time we moved...it was very hard to try to sell work for at least 6-12 months...not many people were interested in new business, let alone with a stranger. It was tough times, but nothing like what others went through that were directly impacted by these plane crashes. It was a very patriotic time though...that felt good, I wish we could see each other as just Americans (for U.S. members here) again like we did then. We didn't hate each other just because of politics. That didn't last long...

Tags
dinner