Pi Day, 3-14-2018, are you pi-ing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We actually are, not deliberately, I had already started the pie before I noticed it was Pi Day. Florida specialties tonight. Pics to follow.

Well we are, or already did, celebrate Pi day. Broccoli, caramelized onion, diced ham and jarlsberg cheese Quiche. green salad and sliced baby tomatoes. Not pie Mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

DH took me out to lunch today, a local joint... I really wanted a Cobb Salad for some reason, it was really good but I could only eat half of it.
The waitress comes over, "Y'know it's Pi Day right? How about dessert today?"
And hands us the menu... $5.99 for a slice of Pie?
Me: No, we're pretty full, thanks though.
HA!

chicken enchiladas.jpg
[file photo]

Chicken Enchiladas my way tonight.
I grilled some b/s chicken thighs with
007.jpg
Miners Mix Wholly Chipotle Seasoning
012.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
... and I will put together, yet again, this dish comes up in our menu rotation often, very satisfying

Great pictures Kgirl and Roch.

I'm doing a take on Banh Mi sandwiches with the use of leftover chopped up pork roast and my new spiralizer for the veggies. That new gadget is slick.

Stone crab claws, mustard sauce, aND a wilted spinach, arugula salad, with a mustard balsamic vinaigrette.

For dessert, Key Lime meringue pie. I'll have to take a picture of a piece tomorrow because it's still too soft tonight and fell apart.

Attachments

• 2018-03-14 18.54.56.jpg
    2018-03-14 18.54.56.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 2018-03-14 20.13.07.jpg
    2018-03-14 20.13.07.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 146
Great pics, all! Oooh....that pie, Med....:ohmy::yum:

I had a cod filet, simply baked in the toaster oven with a slice of lemon, and S and P. Asparagus and a sliced apple for sides.
----------------------
oldie but a goodie:

Attachments

• 32398_510204369000579_1389157728_n.jpg
    32398_510204369000579_1389157728_n.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 109
Stone crab claws, mustard sauce, aND a wilted spinach, arugula salad, with a mustard balsamic vinaigrette.

For dessert, Key Lime meringue pie. I'll have to take a picture of a piece tomorrow because it's still too soft tonight and fell apart.

Ohmygosh...I'd love a piece of that pie.....pleeeeeeeeze!!

GG, I defrosted some chicken so I could make pot pie. Ended up making dessert instead. Chicken something tomorrow! :LOL:

We had Blushing Honeymoon salads (lettuce alone, plus chopped tomato), the last of the Uno pizza pi(e)s, and some apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

Had never heard of Pi Day before, had to look it up. Cute!
Did receive an e-mail from some blog I must have clicked on for some reason or another that talked about Happy Pi Day, let's bake.

So I made Chicken Marsala as per my query in another post.

Attachments

• chicken marsala 4.jpg
    chicken marsala 4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 104
Thanks Cheryl and Kayelle. It is really good. I made Italian meringue this time to see if it would help with weeping. It seems to have helped a good bit, but I guess humidity is just too high here to not have any weeping at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom