Please help me! In search of American food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, the hotdog are made with simple wustel??or with a specific sausage?? Thanx

Hey I must have missed this before,

Ciao fulmy, sono Lulu, sono inglese ma abito a Milano
Hi Fulmy, I'm lulu, I'm English but I live in Milan

e la mia cottura è spesso molto americana
and my cooking is often very american

Ora scriverò in inglese perché il mio italiano è così difettoso e per i nostri amici anglofoni!

OK, in english now: although we have some good places in Milan where I can buy US and UK foods they are all packeted foods, and I prefer to cook from scratch (dall'inizio e non da un pacchetto). Hotdogs are in the supermarket here..don't laugh English speakers, they are called "Wudy" can you get them in Palermo, they are everywhere "up here in the mists!"

If you search the website or ask for specific american recipes you can make anything american in Italy, but you must be prepared to cook it.

Chiedo scusa per il mio italiano difettoso! And to the rest of you, I have apologised for my bad italian, and I apologise to you for indulging in it! (a girl's gotta practise though!)

cara said:
here in G the big supermarkets have corners with foreign food.. and it's no problem to get salted butter, sliced bacon etc..

Ok... call me the Dumb American all you want, but you can't get sliced bacon everywhere? I knew Coke vs. Pepsi was something, but yikes!

Our national chain food stores do not stock very much foreign food products. If you want foreign, you must first find the recipe!
Some deli's carry foreign staples from foreign countries (mostly canned goods). The foreign foods that we can buy off the shelves are processed.
We do not have foreign hot dogs in America but some of our baseball players are. :rolleyes:

mad_evo99 said:
Ok... call me the Dumb American all you want, but you can't get sliced bacon everywhere? I knew Coke vs. Pepsi was something, but yikes!

mad_evo, you are right, you get the sliced bacon almost everywhere, it's called breakfast bacon (Fruehstuecksspeck), but other things like peanut butter (okay, that gets more and more) and marshmallows etc. you don't get everywhere..

Marshmallows are easy to find in Blockbuster video stores in Milan, along with Oreos and some other good junk food. But, marshmallows are better home made anyway! Peanut butter, if you cannot get it in your supermarkets, try a healthfood shop, sure it will be a healthy version, but still good. I love peanut butter, but the healthfood shop shelves conviced me to try a variety of equally yummy nut butters.

Back
Top Bottom