Polar Bear Day Dinner - Monday 2/27/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the great advice I got on my pasta how much topic, I cooked 1.9 oz of pasta, heated 4-5 oz of cooked shrimp in bottled Alfredo sauce, accessorized with garlic bread, and since I had some Thai basil on hand I started munching a partial leaf with bites of pasta/shrimp and eventually chopped and tossed in some Thai basil.

I love basil. I grow it in my garden every year. I have not tried Thai basil. When it is growing in my garden, I use it almost daily. During the first few weeks of June, when fresh, ripe tomatoes are available, I eat a lot of caprese salad.

CD

I made a recipe I had cut out of the newspaper many many moons ago. You heat olive oil in a baking dish and with sliced garlic in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes. Discard the garlic and put fish filets in the dish. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, turn fish over, sprinkle the second side, then top fish with a few tablespoons of mixed fresh herbs - I used parsley, lemon balm and oregano from the garden.

Then the recipe says to put sliced tomatoes on top of the fish, but I didn't have any, so I used a thinly sliced lemon. According to the recipe, add sliced green onions, mushrooms and green bell pepper to the dish. Again, using what I had, I used red and green bell peppers. Then I put the dish back in the oven for 20 minutes. Had warmed-up leftover orzo with seasonings and pine nuts and homemade bread on the side. Really good. 0227171943_HDR.jpg0227172009a_HDR.jpg

Chicken breasts (in the pressure cooker) with a Moroccan-inspired apricot glaze, rice cooked with a bit of apricot nectar, steamed frozen peas and side salad for Dad. Got a "great dish" rating from my Dad. I wasn't sure that he'd go for the glaze...I think he licked his plate--LOL.

Back
Top Bottom