Poll: What's Your Favorite Breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite breakfast?

• Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Toast

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Eggs Benedict

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Denver Omelette

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Huevos Rancheros with Flour Tortillas

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • French Toast with Powdered Sugar and Raspberries

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Pancakes with Butter and Maple Syrup

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Blintzes topped with a Blueberry-Cointreau Sauce

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Swedish Pancakes with Lemon Sauce and Lingonberry Jam

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Texas Steak and Eggs with Biscuits and Gravy

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Ham Steak with Hash Browns with grilled Bell Peppers and Onions

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Don't worry Bee I was wondering the same thing?! I have never seen it on a breakfast menu in Australia. I still don't know about scones with gravy....But seems to be quite popular. Maybe I should try it...I am not sure if I am brave enough!

i love my oatmeal and cream of wheat and farina with cream! lots of cream mixed in and then some poured over it. not sugar, usually, though; i prefer it bland or w/ salt.

Scones - the name points to its origins - are a Scottish dish... the idea of eating them with a white coloured gravy, flavoured with sausage seems really odd to me!

Ishbel said:
Scones - the name points to its origins - are a Scottish dish... the idea of eating them with a white coloured gravy, flavoured with sausage seems really odd to me!

LOL! But they are good - a bit like a savoury cobbler, but upside-down....with the cobbler on the bottom...

Paint.

Biscuits and Gravy...heaven!

biscuitsngravy.jpg

I never had them
growing up (have no idea why...) but tried them as an adult, as I like biscuits, and I like the white gravy with sausage bits.
I do believe the first time I tried it I licked the plate clean.

Denver Omelette:
Usually comprised of Ham, Onions and Red & Green Bell Pepper with cheese on top.

Paint - here ya go:
solomons-breakfast_5029_r2.jpg
Eggs Benedict - true bliss!
I love them so very much, that I order them quite often.
Yesterday I was at a breakfast buffet, and they had the makings for Eggs Benedict. On the first one, I didn't like that their english muffins were so crispy (almost hard), so on the second one, I used a small pancake, then topped it with the canadian bacon, poached egg, hollandaise sauce and olive slices. Now THAT was amazing!

I normally just have a cup of black coffee in the morning and sometimes a slice of toast but if I were to have a complete meal I think I would most enjoy the scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.

jkath said:
Biscuits and Gravy...heaven!

biscuitsngravy.jpg

I never had them
growing up (have no idea why...) but tried them as an adult, as I like biscuits, and I like the white gravy with sausage bits.
I do believe the first time I tried it I licked the plate clean.

Jkath, I totally agree, biscuits and gravy is the best breakfast or dinner!! I have to be careful or I could just stuff myself silly. :LOL: It is great how something so simple can taste so good.

Thanks for all the explanations folks - sorry for the delay in replying, I'm still working out how to navigate this site!

So if I were to try the biscuits and gravy combination... which recipes should I use?? :chef:

Bee said:
Thanks for all the explanations folks - sorry for the delay in replying, I'm still working out how to navigate this site!

So if I were to try the biscuits and gravy combination... which recipes should I use?? :chef:

Bee, here are a couple of threads on the topic of biscuits and gravy. I would pick the recipe that most suits your tastes.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1277

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6108

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12914

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9014

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom