Pork belly Thursday!! Dinner 06/14/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Raiding the freezer once again for pasta sauce with meatballs which will be served with spaghetti or penne.

DH loved the tuna loin! I ended up coating it with mayo (or the substance we use as mayo that has no eggs, no dairy, no soy but actually tastes like the real stuff!) mixed with lemon juice, ancho powder and garlic. I wrapped it in foil and baked (yes, baked) it for 15 minutes in a super hot oven.

I was leary, but this is a recipe from the BC Tuna board that governs and markets the BC tuna industry. It was a BC albacore loin that I used.

Anyway, it came out perfect - slightly cooked on the outside and still slightly raw in the middle. I tried some and it was great! I mostly had salad and rice, DH's two sides.

I am looking forward to my mushroom caps now! :pig:

Spaghetti with red sauce from the freezer (last year's tomato crop), freshened with fresh basil & oregano from the herb garden. Some Italian-style turkey sausage. A big green salad.

I roasted a teeny chicken on chopped potatoes, onions and carrots. Rubbed it with some whiskey bbq rub first and we have a green salad to boot. Hopefully its tasty. I'll let you know shortly as we sit down in 10.

It's the big one tonight and I'm on a promise if Croatia win (M promised the second question on the Jeremy Kyle lie detector if they draw):yum:

I brined up a turkey breast, pork fillet and a piece of bp.It went in the smoker a few hrs ago.
img_1149319_0_fc152b63c0c70328706c0cfb112825e9.jpg
Finished
img_1149319_1_8fae50eae4bc45aa2d26856347f75bcc.jpg

It's the big one tonight and I'm on a promise if Croatia win (M promised the second question on the Jeremy Kyle lie detector if they draw):yum:

I brined up a turkey breast, pork fillet and a piece of bp.It went in the smoker a few hrs ago.
winner winner turkey & pork dinner,madge always keeps her promises but also carries out her threats bro':ohmy::ROFLMAO:!
1-1 eh bro'?....."we asked mdf, apart from the one time.........;)!":ROFLMAO:

oh yeah bro',forgot to say,that pb i got from waitrose was the dogs....:yum:
the smoke,cider & star anise really came through,the meat was so soft it pulled(joke in there somewhere;)) & when i finished it under the grill the rind puffed up like popcorn....mmmmmmmm!

Back
Top Bottom