Pork belly Thursday!! Dinner 06/14/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
got a nice piece of pork belly in waitrose,chester, when i visited bolas & madge at the weekend.yesterday i put it in a brining mix of half brine/half cider,pickling spices(couldn't find mulling mix anywhere bolas) & star anise.going to cook it long & slow in a smoker bag then flash it under the grill to crisp up the crackling.going to have it with crushed new potatoes & an ice cold "build a rocket boys" beer,should really listen to a few elbow tracks while i'm drinking their beer but i think i'll watch the soccer:cool:

Last edited:
Croatia v Italy

It's the big one tonight and I'm on a promise if Croatia win (M promised the second question on the Jeremy Kyle lie detector if they draw):yum:

I brined up a turkey breast, pork fillet and a piece of bp.It went in the smoker a few hrs ago.
img_1149036_0_fc152b63c0c70328706c0cfb112825e9.jpg

Today I have to visit my Endocrinologist for a check-up on my Diabetes. So that means I'll be exhausted by the time that I get back home tonight so there will be no cooking for me. We found this local place that is run out of a Chevron gas station called Uncle Frank's BBQ and they have brisket (that's smoked for 30 hours) Chicken breast, Sausages, Pulled Pork, Ribs etc. We'll be stopping by there today on the way home to get food for our family & my parents! Yummy, I can't wait!

I hope you get a good result as well Jess, if we had an Uncle Frank's near us it would help me with my bronchitis :)

Looking for inspiration still...pork or chicken available. I don't feel like doing anything with ground beef.

Going to tackle a tuna loin. Thinking of encrusting in sesame seeds and searing, then serving on a hearty salad with an Asian style vinaigrette.

Looking for inspiration still...pork or chicken available. I don't feel like doing anything with ground beef.
I don't know what kind of pork you have, but a few weeks ago I tried a Mexican coffee rub on a pork tenderloin, seared and finished it in the oven. We sliced it and made the most awesome tacos! I can post the rub if you want it!:)

I don't know what kind of pork you have, but a few weeks ago I tried a Mexican coffee rub on a pork tenderloin, seared and finished it in the oven. We sliced it and made the most awesome tacos! I can post the rub if you want it!:)

I have thin little bone in chops. I'd need to do something to moisten them. I'd LOVE the recipe for the rub though. I buy lots of tenderloin when its on sale and will definitely use it.

I hope you get a good result as well Jess, if we had an Uncle Frank's near us it would help me with my bronchitis :)

Thanks, Yeah I think Uncle Frank's can help with just about any kind of illness or disease :ROFLMAO: Plus they've got this delicious strawberry cobbler - that is amazing but FORCES me to take lots and lots of EXTRA insulin.

It's the big one tonight and I'm on a promise if Croatia win (M promised the second question on the Jeremy Kyle lie detector if they draw):yum:

I brined up a turkey breast, pork fillet and a piece of bp.It went in the smoker a few hrs ago.
winner winner turkey & pork dinner,madge always keeps her promises but also carries out her threats bro':ohmy::ROFLMAO:!

Our friend asked us to come over tonight, so I have no idea what we will be having. I think we will be having chicken leg-quarters, but not sure what else. :cool:

I have thin little bone in chops. I'd need to do something to moisten them. I'd LOVE the recipe for the rub though. I buy lots of tenderloin when its on sale and will definitely use it.
I will post it shortly - need to get our main meal (at lunch) going.

For dinner I am either going to have mushrooms gratin or Kade's stuffed mushrooms TNT. I am leaning towards the stuffed ones as I haven't had that before. :) Still not able to tackle any pork or beef and can only have one meal of fish a day - will be happy when they figure this pain and swallowing stuff out so I can eat properly......upside is all the weight I am losing :angel:

Making tostadas tonight.

Oven-baked corn tortillas, topped with refried beans, shredded chicken, queso fresco, tomato and shredded lettuce. Spanish rice made with achiote and red peppers for the side.

Grilled lemon chicken tarragon salad, w/ celery, green onions, mayo, & pecans, stuffed in avocado halves, w/ green seedless grapes on the side.

Putting together a menu and shopping list for tomorrow. So far...

Pork Chops Marsala w/ baby bellas
egg noodles
asparagus

Sometimes I mix leftover pork or chicken with salsa and serve as tacos.

I'm going to make grilled stuffed zucchini (which is from the garden) and serve with a salad and leftover grilled chicken. Will probably heat that up in foil on the grill.

Leftovers, I think...not sure what's in the fridge...so if not leftovers the M-n-C and hotdogs.

Back
Top Bottom