Potato Chip Dust.....et al

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This brings back memories. For many years there were six of us - husband, four children and me. I worked, came home and made dinner. Our rule was that the children had to clean up afterwards. Do you know how often I'd look in the refrigerator and find 3 peas in a quart jar?

Yes, you probably do.

This brings back memories. For many years there were six of us - husband, four children and me. I worked, came home and made dinner. Our rule was that the children had to clean up afterwards. Do you know how often I'd look in the refrigerator and find 3 peas in a quart jar?

Yes, you probably do.

Or, rather than wash the bowl that you served the mashed potatoes in, wrap it and place it in the fridge, regardless that there was enough mashed potatoes left to fill a thimble? Then, when you question them, they tell you "I didn't want to waste any food"...:angel:

Or, rather than wash the bowl that you served the mashed potatoes in, wrap it and place it in the fridge, regardless that there was enough mashed potatoes left to fill a thimble? Then, when you question them, they tell you "I didn't want to waste any food"...:angel:

Translates to: I'm lazy and thought it was easier to wrap it than clean the bowl. lmao

<-------- GUILTY at one point in my life. :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: This is all way too funny. I can just see all of us on a sitcom, discussing this topic while we relax in the collective hot tub, sipping whatever.

I do know how to solve your problem though. Invest in a couple of teenage boys. There will be no food left in the house, let alone hidden bits of this or that in the fridge. But don't look in their rooms. No matter what you'll find there. Yes, though my boys are all grown now, I remember.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: This is all way too funny. I can just see all of us on a sitcom, discussing this topic while we relax in the collective hot tub, sipping whatever.

Yes, but the whatever will not have any ice in it because no one filled the ice cube trays and you dont have the ice maker on the frige door hooked up because it never makes it to the top of the "Honey Do List"

I got so tired of the lack of ice situation in my freezer that I've taken to buying bags of ice from the corner store on the weekend....I've noticed that everyone likes having all that ice around, yet no one knows how to buy any..

I got so tired of the lack of ice situation in my freezer that I've taken to buying bags of ice from the corner store on the weekend....I've noticed that everyone likes having all that ice around, yet no one knows how to buy any..

Oh, but you always buy the ice.....right?

Once upon a time, when my children still lived here, my husband came up with a brilliant scheme to get the kids to replace t-paper rolls. If he found one empty after they left the bathroom, he put their name on it and hung it in the kitchen (on something I had bought to display Christmas cards) and called it "the honor roll." They absolutely hated hearing that they made the honor roll and of course he was sure to point it out to their friends when they came over. Did it work? Well I had about 20 empty rolls with names and dates on them. This also includes paper towels. I wish I had thought of something to deal with the three ziti in the dish or small amount of milk/juice in a container.

My oldest just left after several weeks and I am now waiting to have the washer fixed (she overloaded it and now it doesn't spin) and my ice maker hasn't made ice and although I can't directly blame her, she seems the likely suspect. My toaster is resting from her constant changing of the settings.

Since my husband and I are empty nesters, my chip bags are always closed and my bread is always twisted shut. Cereal boxes stay shut. Ahhh life is good.

My house has a serious shortage of refridgerator / freezer space.

That does not stop the bowls and yes, pots that a meal was cooked in from going into the fridge. Much of this is just waiting to change color so that it can bw dumped.

As for freezer space, my rule is "Anything that has had a birthday while in captivity must go.

Back
Top Bottom