Pre-Thksgiving Warm-up! Dinner 11/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Beer Brats, Mashed Baby reds under Sauerkraut, Leftie Pes & Carrots, a mound of Horseradish, and a Salad...

bRATS, gRILLED.jpg

Gumbo z'herbes. We liked it! Greeny and gumbo both, best of 2 dishes!

Attachments

• 2019-11-27 17.51.31.jpg
    2019-11-27 17.51.31.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 102
I fried some rice with some frozen corn kernels and some slices of Polish sausage. Decided that I needed a veg, so I heated up some rødkål (Danish red cabbage dish). Red cabbage counts as a leafy green. Not exciting, but tasted good enough and filled me up.

I got my flu shot today and a sore arm, too. Since we hadn't had breakfast for dinner during vacation, we had it tonight. Mushroom omelet with smoked Gouda, link sausages, and apple cider raisin bread toast.

DW's not feeling well, and I'm laid up. I peeled and cubed the spuds, rutabagga, carrots, and sweet spuds. She boiled them up so tht we can finish them tomorrow. Supper tonight was strawberry jam on yeastym hime made bread, and a glass of cran-apple juice. DW is a good cook, but takes forever to do anything. What I could have accomplished in 40 minutes, with her assistance took 4 hours. But we will have everything done for the big meal, except the pies. They will be done on Friday due to time constraints (slow wife).

Seeeeeyal Chief Longwind of th North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom