Pressure cooker's hoppin, Red beans are rockin, What you be have for supper? 1-22-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
change of plans for me tonight, was doing something else but now its going to be fajitas on home made flour tortillas, chicken and veg for me and the kids bell pepper, onion, tomato, mushroom, and broc for the wife...
I make my own sauce, got the recipe from a local restaurant that is known for their fajitas, I have some salsa that was with a xmas gift we received {home made and jarred from my office manager {only employee left :( } , a friend of mine brought me a fresh chicken from his farm today so I was going to make soup then after I boiled it my son came home and said "Fajitas!! yes!!!} so fajitas it is because I didn't have the heart to tell him it was chicken soup, lol...

I have a leftover grilled chicken thigh from yesterday, so it'll be that, a salad, and garlic bread.

change of plans for me tonight, was doing something else but now its going to be fajitas on home made flour tortillas, chicken and veg for me and the kids bell pepper, onion, tomato, mushroom, and broc for the wife...
I make my own sauce, got the recipe from a local restaurant that is known for their fajitas, I have some salsa that was with a xmas gift we received {home made and jarred from my office manager {only employee left :( } , a friend of mine brought me a fresh chicken from his farm today so I was going to make soup then after I boiled it my son came home and said "Fajitas!! yes!!!} so fajitas it is because I didn't have the heart to tell him it was chicken soup, lol...

Wow, the short version. Thanks, MC!;)

Mmmm.....fajitas. Haven't had them in a while. I'll have to add that back into the rotation. :yum: Sounds good, C42.

Lamb shoulder chops with a red wine reduction, and a side of creamed spinach - and I do mean creamed. Lots of cream, butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. My wife, who said it looked like cafeteria food, was reluctant to try it. But she cleaned her plate.

After dinner, we went to the gym and had a great workout.

Now it's time for a little vino before heading off to bed. ;)

Didn't know this was the dinner thread without the date.

All the dinners sound great. I made brined pan fried pork chops. If that didn't mess up my new stove, nothing will. I used a splatter screen though.
I also steamed some broccolini and made a Southwestern salad with avocado.

We had tortellini soup with sausage that I made a couple days ago. Found the recipe in a Penzeys catalog! Stopped at Panera for a baguette but they were out - got a loaf of crispy country white instead. Perfect supper for a chilly night.

That sounds really good, CG. It makes a LOT of servings, though. But it seems like it should freeze well - maybe add the tortellini and zucchini after thawing? What do you think?

I'm in the hospital on soft foods, so nothing interesting here.

Just one night's food around here. We're big eaters. :ohmy: :LOL:

Actually, I gave a lot of it to my SIL. We had a little bit when I made it Tuesday. And there was a cup worth left when we were done last night.

Next time I'll divide it before I put the tortellinis in, then add them only to what we're having that night. The rest can go in when I reheat it. The zuccs survived just fine, even though they had cream-puff spines when they went in. It also seemed like too much tomato, so I'll up the beef broth and cut back on tomato. Still, it was really yummy, and kinda quick.

And you're in the hospital? Oh no! Get well and run out soon, 'k?

Just one night's food around here. We're big eaters. :ohmy: :LOL:

Actually, I gave a lot of it to my SIL. We had a little bit when I made it Tuesday. And there was a cup worth left when we were done last night.

Next tim e I'll divide it before I put the tortellinis in, then add them only to what we're having that night. The rest can go in when I reheat it. The zuccs survived just fine, even though they had cream-puff spines when they went in. It also seemed like too much tomato, so I'll up the beef broth and cut back on tomato. Still, it was really yummy, and kinda quick.

And you're in the hospital? Oh no! Get well and run out soon, 'k?

Thanks for the info. I'm working on escaping ASAP! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom