Queen's Birthday Dinner - 4/21/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Queen Elizabeth II turns 92 today. I don't think this qualifies as dinner fit for a king, but we're having swordfish on the grill, baked potatoes, and asparagus.

I made a batch of pizza dough last night. I froze two pieces and the third will be tonight's dinner. Not sure of the toppings. Probably pepperoni, pepper and onion.

Having my brother over on this beautiful afternoon for grilled burgers. Sides are cabbage slaw, baked beans, and oven roasted steak fries. :chef:

No wonder the Queen is so old. She celebrates her birthday twice a year, once now and again in the summer.

Rather plebian dinner tonight, and still a favorite. Grilled burgers, baked beans, leftover corn salad. I baked custard rice pudding today.

We ordered subs from Jersey Mike’s. This is the first time and I hope it’s good.

We're having the rest of the osso bucco from the other night plus some garlic bread Craig made. Dessert will be a variation of the tres leches cake with brown sugar, coconut milk and amaretto replacing some of the other ingredients.

Last edited:
We ordered subs from Jersey Mike’s. This is the first time and I hope it’s good.

I always get their "Original Italian" prepared "Mike's Way." It is as close as I've found to a real New Jersey sub/hoagie here in Texas.

I don't feel like cooking, so I'll probably graze on leftovers tonight.

CD

What subs did you get? Please let me know how they are. I've seen the shops popping up all around but haven't hit one up yet.

I kow Craig's not that thrilled with them, but he is extremely picky as you know. I'll mention this to him tomorrow and hopefully he'll tell you why.

What subs did you get? Please let me know how they are. I've seen the shops popping up all around but haven't hit one up yet.
#13 The Original Italian

Provolone, ham, prosciuttini, cappacuolo, salami and pepperoni
Nothing says Jersey Mike's more than our Original Italian. A truly authentic Jersey-style Italian sub, it's crafted with provolone, ham, prosciuttini, cappacuolo, salami, and pepperoni.

I got it on a rosemary parmesan roll Mike's way.

It was really good.

(Pizza Town's roll/bread is better but Jersey Mike's cold cuts are better.)

Last edited:
I went to our local farmers market today and picked up some beautiful fresh asparagus, green beans and snow peas, so it's time for my "celebration of spring" risotto - only a month late due to the ridiculously cold weather we've been having. That plus pork rib chops stuffed with fontina, salami and pickled banana peppers - that's what was for dinner :yum: Tomorrow I'll make and freeze arancini with the leftover risotto.

GG, we're weeks away from our farmers' market opening up. :( If it's anything like the last couple of years, it will be pouring down rain the first couple weeks their open...if it ain't snowing this year! :rolleyes:

Having my brother over on this beautiful afternoon...
Yay, he's back home from his trip! Glad you guys got to spend the day together.

I pulled a package of my bargain pork chops out of the freezer. They were the less-pretty ones, so I smothered them in sauerkraut and baked them. Sides were cheese pierogi (with sour cream), green beans with bacon, and Himself had pickled beets.

Attachments

• 20180421_211416.jpg
    20180421_211416.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94
The Queen wasn't able to come to our house for dinner, but I did meet up with her for tea a while ago...

Attachments

• 2016-11-02 16.28.03.jpg
    2016-11-02 16.28.03.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 94
*grins @ CG* Too funny..

We had a meal fit for a Queen... :ROFLMAO:

Liver and onions, potatoes, asparagus and green salad...

Brownies for dessert..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom