Recipe help for this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I was at the farm stand yesterday and gave into impulse and bought two medium butternut squash and a large spaghetti squash. Now what to do...

I have in the freezer @ 1 1/2 lbs beef round steak and 2 large boneless chicken breasts.

I'm thinking beef with the butternut squash and chicken with the spaghetti squash but..

I can't come up any ideas on how to prepare the meat to go with the squashes.

I'm open to suggestions. Just nothing to spicy/highly seasoned.

How about slicing the roundsteak and making beef roll ups. Use the butternut squash as part of the filling. Maybe steamed squash, breadcrumbs, and....

Panko chicken with butter and garlic S squash as a side.

Just thinking out loud.

Hmmmm panko chicken sounds interesting with the SS. Breaded and baked and it could bake at the same time as the squash.

I'm going to bake the butternut squash (half it, seed it, and bake it) then quarter it and server it.

I love making butternut squash soup. You can add so many other flavours to it such as apples, pears or potatoes.

I'd consider either making chicken parmigiana and having the spaghetti squash with the tomato sauce, or just doing any kind of chicken dish and having the spag squash as a side tossed with fresh tomatoes, oregano and some s&p.

Butternut squash soup is good and easy. Cook and puree the squash add chicken stock , thyme and half and half. Salt and pepper. Yummy

Back
Top Bottom