Road Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I just turned loose of my almost 17 year old grandson for the weekend. He and his 20 year old cousin took off with a caravan of friends headed for "Cave Fest"...sort of a mini Woodstock down in the Shawnee National Forest.
The boys joked about taking g'ma with them, but I told them g'ma has had plenty of good times of her own. I'm done with sleeping on the ground! I did loan the boy one of my old tie-dye shirts.

The kids are camping out, and everyone is bringing something. I sent 2 cases of Mountain Dews, a large pkg of Oreos, 2 big venison salamis, 2 boxes Ritz Crackers, a jar of peanut butter, jar of Welches Grape jelly, and two loaves of white bread.
I guess I should have sent something healthier, but that stuff won't spoil and takes no preparation.
Anybody have any ideas for something I could send on their next camp-out?

Ritz crackers and NO Cheese Whiz :ohmy: I might cry! :(

Stuff to make smores
tomato sandwich stuff (start saving packets of mayo from take-out food)
I'm thinking of more

Last edited:
:LOL: I imagine there will be some beer there, mudbug.

You're right, it is a beautiful forest. The southern tip of Illinois is in the foothills of the Ozarks, and we have lots of scenic places.
Here's Camel Rock in the Garden of the Gods:

Attachments

• GOGCamelrock.jpg
    GOGCamelrock.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 90
I second the beer thing, whats a road trip without it! hehe oops......That look svery nice there...thanks for posting the pics.....

chips
hot dogs
pudding?
apples
potatoe salad.....

Theres lots that can be sent provided they have a good cooler that is JUST for food...lol...When we go to Big Valley we always take munchie types of food for between all the music shows there just no time to cook. I found the only real meal we cooked was breaky and that only when we werent hungover...

Back
Top Bottom