"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
Master Chef

Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen

I loved "The Two Fat Ladies" from the first time I saw them - the way Jennifer and Calirssa bantered back and forth as they concocted things I would love to eat. They certainly blew away the myth that British food is boring! But, since Jennifer passed away last year, the show has been pulled from my local PBS station.

Tonight I ran across a show on the Discovery Home Channel that just might work as a replacement fix for my two fat ladies - with a new twist. "Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen". She has a website at: http://home.discovery.com/fansites/r.../rosemary.html

She is brash, bold, no-nonsense, and certainly shows her colors as a cooking school instructor. A little "Food 911", a little Marine Gunnery Sargeant. I totally loved it!

Just thought I would pass the info on for those who love cooking shows but are getting a little tired of the FoodTV reruns.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
Head Chef

Thanks, I'll look for it. :)

Old 02-03-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Michael! I loved The Ladies too and dearly miss their shows - PBS here rarely broadcasts their shows anymore unless it's "Beg Week".
Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Master Chef

I don't know whether to plug this in here or start a separate line, but anyone every seen the "Floyd on Food" series? I wish someone (preferably some channel we actually get here in the hinterlands) would re-run those programs.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Certified Executive Chef

Thanks MinFW, she rather looks like Clarissa. I will look for her, it sounds interesting.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Thanks - I will be checking this out - checking her recipes now

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Michael in FtW
Clarissa Dickson Wright has also made a couple of BBC tv series with a childhood friend, Johnny Scott - part recipes, part countryside walks and passionate conservationists, both!

If you see it advertised on US TV it is well worth a look. I think the first series was called 'Clarissa and the Countryman'.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Michael in FtW
Clarissa Dickson Wright has also made a couple of BBC tv series with a childhood friend, Johnny Scott - part recipes, part countryside walks and passionate conservationists, both!

If you see it advertised on US TV it is well worth a look. I think the first series was called 'Clarissa and the Countryman'.
thanks ishbel, I loved two fat ladies, i would welcome this probram.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to LeeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to LeeAnn
This post made me think of a quote I know and like:

As for rosemary, I let it run all over my garden walls, not only because my bees love it but because it is the herb sacred to remembrance and to friendship. ~Sir Thomas More~

I only had seen one of the Fat Ladies shows before it ended, I thought it was a good show. I do get a little tired at times of some of the shows on the food channel that are re-runs, but for the most part it is a good channel and my kids like watching Unwrapped. :D
Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #10
Master Chef

Well, after a week I've figured out that the Discovery Channel airs their cooking shows on Wednesdays. Saw my second "Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen" today and was laughing even harder than last week!