"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Ruby Tuesday Dinner Aug. 23rd

Andy inspired me. Spaghetti with tomato clam sauce. It's ruby, and it's Tuesday.

Lovely chop, Steve.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #12
Executive Chef

We've been down a cook for over a week now. I've had to work by myself behind the line for two days to give the other cook some time off. Probably made 200 sandwiches, 100 wraps, 60 salads, not to mention two pails of soup, 4 gallons of gravy. Cut over 40 rib eye, 20 strip loin, cleaned and cut a tenderloin, two whole pork back loins into chops, marinated and/or cooked off 15 kg of chicken breasts, 10 lbs of souvlaki skewers, pork medallion skewers, cooked 15 back ribs, argued with a meat rep, natural gas rep, and a lady who said our AAA Prime rib eye was too fatty....I have no appetite. Having Mexican tonight in the form of two Corona with lime...maybe three...

And..don't even ask me about poutine....

Old 08-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Gotta say Andy, I thought the same thing when I saw the title and then looked at the category, Today's Menu...

Click image for larger version

Name:	my-chicken-chili-002.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	25232
[file photo]

It's been STORMING here at the Gateway To The Grand Canyon since yesterday. Torrential Rain, Hail, Sleet, Thunder, Lightening, Flooding and kinda cold, dawg gone it!

So I put on a big ole pot of my Chicken Chili, loaded with goodies on the stove this afternoon.
Diced b/s Chicken Thigh meat, Sweet Red Peppers, Roasted Corn, Hatch mild Chiles, Sweet Onions and
some Chipotle Pepper.
Served over steamed White Rice and topped with some grated Fiesta Cheese Blend, ONO!
A nice casserole dish full of this goodness went upstrairs in the dumb waiter for Mr&Mrs Landlord's late supper, it's their late night.
Gotta take care of my peeps!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Nice, Kgirl!

Rock, just reading your post exhausted me. I can't see your pics though, just broken squares. It does sound like more than two Coronas are needed.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I thought you were going to Ruby Tuesday, too

I'm going to grill some country-style pork ribs and corn on the cob, and serve with caprese salad.
I completely forgot that I had a master gardener association Christmas party-planning meeting tonight, till my phone reminded me 30 minutes before it started! It was at a restaurant where we are considering having the event, so I ate dinner there - had their antipasto salad with Italian dressing and brought home a steak pizza sandwich for DH.

The ribs, corn and caprese will have to wait till tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
We've been down a cook for over a week now. I've had to work by myself behind the line for two days to give the other cook some time off. Probably made (lots and lots of food!)
My goodness, Rock, you must be exhausted! Is your cook ill, or are you hiring? Hope you get some relief soon.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:36 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

Had some delicious chicken soup made by my husband. Just delicious!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
My goodness, Rock, you must be exhausted! Is your cook ill, or are you hiring? Hope you get some relief soon.
We had one of our cooks leave early to return to University. We are hiring but we haven't had a suitable applicant yet. It is still busy with summer traffic so we all have to take on a bit more. The other main cook has a new baby so I feel he should get his regular scheduled days off. He has offered to come in extra but I think I can handle it with an assistant. Our front house staff can drop back and help with prep and fill ups as needed. Right now, on Monday and Tuesdays, I basically stand behind a 12 foot line and pump the orders out from 10 to 6. I have been going in early to fill the meat case and have back up in the fridges for when we need it. On the bright side, we are saving money by not paying a full time salary...I am going to use it for a vacation when we get somebody in place
Oh, and to keep this post on topic, I ended up having a grilled cheese sandwich...

Tags
dinner